• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I plan to buy them all at that price.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220927-205056.png

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Yeah I’m in too James jester Still waiting for them to sell them without the head. flame

Coletrain27

Yeah I’m in too James jester Still waiting for them to sell them without the head. flame

What do you mean? They won’t sell the 10” auger without the power head?

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I want to buy the lite flite bit only, I have a 10 inch already, just want the lite flite.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>John Rasmussen wrote:</div>

What do you mean? They won’t sell the 10” auger without the power head?

That’s there plan

gonehunting

Has anyone seen the 10” Lite Flite at any of the retailers?

Cam White

Has anyone seen the 10” Lite Flite at any of the retailers?

Manager in Scheels in Fargo told me his order only had them with a powerhead. No separate flytes.

IceManBran

I believe James confirmed in another thread that the 10″ would not be offered as a standalone bit this year, only with a powerhead.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I believe James confirmed in another thread that the 10″ would not be offered as a standalone bit this year, only with a powerhead.

You are correct if they did I would already own one. Sounds like we have to wait another year, why I have no clue.

isu22andy

Curious why you guys like the 10 inch holes that much more ? Seemed like they were borderline dangerous fishing around when I was around them last . Not a lot experience though .

Coletrain27

Curious why you guys like the 10 inch holes that much more ? Seemed like they were borderline dangerous fishing around when I was around them last . Not a lot experience though .

Only reason I would want one is for my wheelhouse where I can spend days at a time with the same holes and they wouldn’t freeze in as fast

3Rivers

Could always just buy a 10″ Ultralight ION bit. ;)

Why a 10″ bit? The people that use them understand why. Just like those that use a 6″ bit.

Different strokes. I actually use double overlapping 10″ holes.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I like them for in the wheel house mainly and after using the 10″ it is had to go back to smaller, just feels weird. Also I think it is easier to get fish out of.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Why a 10″ bit? The people that use them understand why. Just like those that use a 6″ bit.

I sure hope you’re marking those holes like a spear hole.
    My skinny rear or a kid could go right down that no problem.

3Rivers

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>3Rivers wrote:</div>

I would suggest not walking around on the St Croix river between Stillwater and Hudson. It’s absolutely littered with double 10’s and triple 8’s.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I like them for in the wheel house mainly and after using the 10″ it is had to go back to smaller, just feels weird. Also I think it is easier to get fish out of.

Come on Jon. Those 16 inch walleyes would slide right out a 6 inch hole no problem lol 😆 just kidding, giving you some sh!t

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>3Rivers wrote:</div>

For real, it’s sad if they don’t mark those holes. Dogs skinny dudes, and kids all enjoy fishing the river as well. Let alone that would eat a wheeler tire. Marking a hole is just part of being responsible. When we do it, I always mark them.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>John Rasmussen wrote:</div>

Come on Jon. Those 16 inch walleyes would slide right out a 6 inch hole no problem lol 😆 just kidding, giving you some sh!t

Hell I would be happy with 16’s toast

mrpike1973

I see Clam has a 10 inch bit only but I could not tell if it was lazer blades. Not interested but saw it and remembered this post.

Michael Kaderabek

Will a guy be able to run that 10″ lite flite on a drill or the 24 volt powerhead?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Will a guy be able to run that 10″ lite flite on a drill or the 24 volt powerhead?

I bet my drill would run it through a ft of ice. But that 24 volt will eat battery like no other

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I talked to some of the Strikemaster guys at the show this weekend and they confirmed that the 10 lite will be available next year without the powerhead.

tim hurley

Easier to play a larger fish when the hole is larger-not worth it to me because I hole hop, but if you know you are only cutting a few I see the appeal.

Greg C

Nice for tip ups when it’s cold

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Michael Kaderabek wrote:</div>

No.

Why would a drill not spin the 10 inch lite flite ? They will spin a 10 inch steel bit.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.