Rainfall/Stream report for S.E.Mn.

• TROUTMAN
    S.E.Minnesota

Hi guys.How much rain did you guys in southeast Mn.get in the last few days?What kind of shape are the streams in?Jim W.?John Eggers?Anybody?Thanks,Mike

JimW
    SE MN

The streams are doing fine! IN S.V. we barely got any rain, maybe a half inch. In fact, if you like
    throwing raps and large spinners for trout, some waters are prime right now. I haven’t personally checked the
    SOuth branch of the Root, but it should be ok. Send me a private if you like for some other info!

Jim W

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

Troutman,
    I have been gone for the last few weeks and just now got around to visiting the Root. Except for being a little on the warm side I would say that the streams around SE MN are in great shape, they are at the right flow and the right color . Folks should have no problem catching trout.
    John

TROUTMAN
    S.E.Minnesota

I wanted to bring this to the top again because,I have trip planned to Forrestville early next week(8/5 thru 8/8)with my son and granddaughter.If stream conditions aren’t too good,I may postpone it for a week or so.Any info will be much appreciated.Thanks,Mike

JimW
    SE MN

TROUTMAN,
    Good to see/hear from ya!

Most of the severe weather dodged My home in SPring Valley, but it went through Preston. There didn’t,
    appear to be a ton of rain, but even as far out as the 5th, things could change. So, I can’t tell you about the SOuth Branch,
    but most others are fine as we speak!
    Unless we get dumped on between now and the 5th, I wouldn’t worry about the South Branch, things had dropped quite a bit in the last
    couple of weeks!

Check back again before you leave, heck call the Forestville State Park office. Their office is a stone’s throw from the river!

Keep the rods bendin’!!!

Jim W

TROUTMAN
    S.E.Minnesota

Thanks Jim.I’ll give them a call.If you see any big changes between now and Sunday,let me know.Mike

jeffleek
    preston, mn.

Troutman, The south branch is in very good shape. It has some color as most streams do now. i’ve talked to a few bait fishermen and it sounds as though things were pretty slow. That could have to do with some run off and more food in the river now. I would think that unless we get a huge downpour the root should stay in great shape. I’ll try to let you know if any big changes. JLK

TROUTMAN
    S.E.Minnesota

Thanks Jeffleek.I’m going to try my(very inexperienced ) hand at fly-fishing while down there.Since it is so new to me…any suggestions on what to use?Thanks again,Mike

jeffleek
    preston, mn.

Sorry, I’m not a fly fishermen, although I’ve tried it a time or two. But I’d suggest something in nightcrawler or maybe sucker-meat patterns!!!!!! Good luck to you. There are some very nice trout in this part of the river. Also if you can make it to the north branch you may get into some really big fish. A bass or two will also take your offering! Have fun. JLK

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.