Finally, on the stream again!

• JimW
    SE MN

After semi-patiently waiting for streams to subside after a weeks worth of inundating rains, I finally
    found myself walking a favorite stretch of stream! Pulling up, I had my fingers crossed, hoping that my
    drive down to the stream would be a worthy one. WOuld it be clear enough to fish? Yes it was, in fact, it was perfect.
    A touch of cloud lined the runs and holes, disguising me from the ever watchful eyes
    of the hungry brown trout!
    With in minutes I had my first taker, smashing my rapala like a trophy! Aw, just a 12 incher!
    !5 minutes had passed and I had landed 5 nice trout, nothing under 12 inches with the largest measuring 17!

These fish were extremely aggressive, acting as though they haven’t eaten since the last hard rain!

After only fishing 75 yards of stream, I stopped and pondered, waking up a long time fishing
    buddy for this awesome bite I was experiencing! SO I sucked in a little selfishness and “double timed” my gate back to
    my truck, cruising at MAch 9 to my friends house 5 minutes away!

Ofcourse, by the time we got back on the water an hour later, things had slowed, but we managed a few more nice browners!

Most fish we caught were in fast water or adjacent/in shaded areas and over hangs( natural undercuts)!
    What fine weather it was for Father’s Day!!! I got a bonus view of a Red Fox scampering up a draw, plus many other beauties
    of nature! ( no piliateds this day!LOL).

IN a couple days, barring no significant rains, I will get out for stream smallmouth fishing for the very first time this
    season!!!!! WAY TOO LATE FOR THIS ENTHUSISAST!!

Keep the rods bendin’!!

Jim W

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

Yeah, Jim, I was out checking the Root Sunday, and it doesn’t get much better than this. The water from Lanesboro to Preston was just the right color with the temp right on 60 degrees. Too bad it was Father’s Day and I had other commitments.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.