Crawlers or Flys?

• HFP
    Alma WI

What works best for everybody?.. i have been using crawlers, and not much luck looks like everybody else did pretty good, what where ya using?..thanx a lot..

JimW
    SE MN

Cody,

Neither! Raps, and big ones!!!!

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

I haven’t used live bait for trout in many many years! Flys work good and at times are the only thing to use, but over all, I get my best production on spinners and other crankbaits. And like Jim says use the bigger ones.

JOHN Eggers

HFP
    Alma WI

thanx for sharing guys, but what kind of area are u guys fishin?… im in the small streams so i dont know will the cranks and spinners work?

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

HFP, I fish mostly smaller streams too and have luck with both Rapalas and Spinners. Another lure that I didn’t have luck with earlier but is starting to produce now is the Rebel Wee R in stream crawfish color. With smaller streams it’s real important to walk upstream if possible. The trout are usually facing into the current and it’s real easy to spook them walking downsteam.

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

HFP,

I fish streams small enough to jump over. If you look at my last report there is a photo of a stream that I fish. That is actualy one of the larger streams, The smaller streams take more practice, but thats the fun, You can make a spinner work in most streams. If you are using flys and the stream is too small, don’t cast, try crawling up to the edge of a pool and just dangling the fly, you may feel foolish but I have caught a lot of bigger trout this way! Incidently, thats a nice size hog your holden.

JOHN EGGERS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.