Storm Smash Shad #5 Discontinued

• fred bartling

I found out that Storm discontinued their #5 Smash shad. I liked the weight and rattle, they cast a mile and were cost sensitive. Flicker Shads seem to run well but without the weight they just don’t cast well in wind. Any suggestions for other cranks I should consider.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Fred, you may want to try a few lipless baits. Some guys have a tough time with making a change from diving lipped cranks to lipless, but once you get it dialed in, waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo

mojogunter

I am fairly certain all smash shads have been discontinued.

Jonesy

I am fairly certain all smash shads have been discontinued.

Why in the sweet chocolate christ would they do that?

David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

figured something was up when this spring Cabela’s had tons of them for I believe $1.50 each.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

figured something was up when this spring Cabela’s had tons of them for I believe $1.50 each.

Yep, I got in on that when the doors opened the day of the sale. Nothing like watching a bunch of giddy grown men crowded around a Otter sled filled with them.

I to am curious why they were discontinued.

mojogunter

Well I have 2 of every color in the #7 size and about half of the #5’s. Maybe I should hold off using them in case a few months down the road someone is willing to pay up for them. whistling

fred bartling

When you talk about lipless crank baits are you refering to lures such as the rippen rap? Just curious.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Rattle Traps.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

This sort of thing is going to come and go with Storm. Rapala bought them years ago and they discontinue specific items for whatever reason. I loved the Storm Subwart but they stopped making those too since Rapala took over.

Rapala also bought Terminator and they’ve discontinued to the Titanium Terminator Spinnerbait. Only chinese steel frames now. bawling

Red Reno

If you have a Runnings Store close to you they have them on sale for $2.99 each. A couple of weeks ago they were $1.99

buschman
    Pool 2

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>David Anderson wrote:</div>

Yep, I got in on that when the doors opened the day of the sale. Nothing like watching a bunch of giddy grown men crowded around a Otter sled filled with them.

I to am curious why they were discontinued.

Francis, I did the same thing! It was the same deal when I was there. A couple of grown men digging through that thing like kids in a pile of hay full of candy. I went home with 67 baits for 100.00. So should be set for a while grin

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.