Starting to see Ice fishing talk

• bigcrappie
    Blaine

4 or 5 new Topics that have the word Ice in them, Must be getting closer. Need a extension yet?

404 ERROR
    MN

The running joke between my group of friends, no matter the time of year, “There’s 12 inches in Western Montana!”

4-5 years ago heading west for duck opener, ice house in tow. Stopped off at a gas station around Renville, a really friendly old guy comes up and says “Isn’t it a little early for ice?”. My buddy, without skipping a beat, told the guy about 12″ of solid ice in Western MT…

Now every time someone makes a comment to me about hauling my ice house in the summer, that’s my response…Some people laugh, some people act surprised and tell me to be safe. rotflol

Hoyt4
    NULL

Love it, Keep the Ice talk coming.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

This is a good reminder that I need to fix my auger….

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

That reminds me I need to get up to Cromwell to pick up a skid house.

woot woot woot ice fishing woot woot woot

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

You chuckleheads all want to skip the best time of the year, FALL! To quote the famous Dutch, “ice is for cocktails” toast

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I love Ice Fishing, but c’mon! #TooSOON I’ll be following Dutch’s advice for another 3-4 months! jester

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

It’s not too soon if you are thinking of ordering a custom rod or making yourself one and ordering the parts. I am adding up my part list right now so I can pump out some rods before hard water. I am sure bigcrappie would agree with me.

Bryan Myers

I was just thinking about starting to plan a couple ice trips.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

You can always find Open Water to fish in but you can’t always find hard water to fish on

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

You chuckleheads all want to skip the best time of the year, FALL! To quote the famous Dutch, “ice is for cocktails” toast

Agreed. The start of ice fishing talk usually means it’s a perfect time to get serious about dialing in the upcoming hunting schedule.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Once mid July hits, I’m ready for fall, for 2 reasons, first, fall is my favorite time for walleye fishing and second because fall is that much closer to ice fishing. I fish in the boat up until I ave to beak skim ice with it to fish. From there, I know I will be on the ice within 7 to 10 days

My fall season kicks off each year with a trip to Rainy Lake the first week of October, then its game on every weekend more locally

eyeguy507
    SE MN

threads like this are good barometers for seeing who handles the cold and who can’t!

Ice fishing = not for the weak………..

queenswake
    NULL

Too soon. It’s human nature to always look forward to the next thing, but come on — especially after the winter we had last year — let’s enjoy the open water for now.

MNdrifter

The running joke between my group of friends, no matter the time of year, “There’s 12 inches in Western Montana!”

4-5 years ago heading west for duck opener, ice house in tow. Stopped off at a gas station around Renville, a really friendly old guy comes up and says “Isn’t it a little early for ice?”. My buddy, without skipping a beat, told the guy about 12″ of solid ice in Western MT…

Now every time someone makes a comment to me about hauling my ice house in the summer, that’s my response…Some people laugh, some people act surprised and tell me to be safe. rotflol

No, seriously….. Is there a foot of ice out west? Don’t F with me man. I got the wheel house hooked up to the truck…..

Attachments:
    1. E87226A7-CF89-468B-B8B9-6CC5A8C27684.jpeg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Oh yeah I’m ready. My son and I were just camping on mille lacs in the fire brand and as we watched a movie at bed time he was saying he wished we were putting the rattle reels down. So I woke up at like 5 to go out fishing and gave one a spin. He jumped out of bed and was ready to give get him a walleye. I laughed so hard. Proud of him for being a great sportsman at 7 years old

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Never too early bear! I got almost 14 days of PTO strategically planned in October for fall fishing and another 20 in January! My season starts in fall and ends in summer…….just saw leaves laying out along my area golf course today and about had a heart attack! It’s close……fall that is.
    We are headed to the Sippi after work tomorrow……MEGA ECLIPSE BTW. Fishing should be lights out! Not sure I will sleep tonight….still warm and tingly inside!

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Icee fish’n talk…all year round.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.