St. Croix spring bobber tips

• fireline
    Rochester

Does anyone know if a person can buy just the tips where the spring fits into ?

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

I know you can buy spring bobber tips with a piece of rubber that fits into the guide tip, and you can buy the spring-tip to change out sensitivity on your St. Croix, but don’t know about the style of tips used on the St. Croix rods.
    You replacing one on your St. Croix, or trying to duplicate that set up?

fireline
    Rochester

Some of both .

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

You can buy the spring itself from many places. Fishusa.com or Reeds should have them as well as Gander of Cabelas.

A you need is an 1/8″ ID Rubber Grommet from the local hardware store and a #8 one legged rod guide.

Make your own using the above. Super glue the rod guide to your rod tip to hold it in place, now glue it with two part expoxy. Insert 1/8″ rubber grommet and spring.

You might want to use an 1/8″ drill bit by hand not in a drill and slightly enlarge the opening in the grommet. The spring needs to move in the grommet to adjust the sensitivity but it also need friction to hold it in place.

If you have any questions let me know, I have made dozens of these for personal use of course.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Fireline.. I have everything you need to to install them on a rod .

PM me if interested

Jeff

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

You can buy the spring itself from many places. Fishusa.com or Reeds should have them as well as Gander of Cabelas.

A you need is an 1/8″ ID Rubber Grommet from the local hardware store and a #8 one legged rod guide.

Aw Geez! How many times have I stared at my St. Croix and NOT thought of that? doah

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Will these work? I cant find any without inserts/rings in them that are a size 8.

those should work just fine.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Fireline.. I have everything you need to to install them on a rod .

PM me if interested

Jeff

Jeff does a super nice job doing this.

red89
    Hudson

FYI, for anyone else doing this. The Pac Bay Minima guides are what st.croix uses on these rods, but the size 8 I ordered were too big. You will need to order a smaller size, as the rubber grommet was very loose in the size 8 guide.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I needed the same thing and while looking at a local shop I found a $17 titanium “spring” bobber that’s adjustable and snaps right on the rod so I took a wire cutter and cut off the part of the eye holding the spring on mine and replaced it with the titanium. Those springs just don’t hold up suck when the line gets caught in it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.