Spirit Lake Night Walleyes

• up man
    UP MICHIGAN

Fished Spirit Lake Monday night and Tuesday morning. The fishing was really good. Fished from 8pm Monday night to about 2:30 Tuesday morning. Caught A LOT of little ones as the sun was setting but once it was dark the big ones started in. We only caught two walleyes that we kept that were 16 inches. We caught 6 that were too big to keep and we let swim another day.

I had a buddy with that dont do much fishing and he had a blast. When the night was over and we were heading back to the cabin he told me it was the most fun fishing he has ever had. I’m glad I got him into some fish. But the worst part about it was he out fished me.

We also made it out for a few hours Tuesday morning and managed some perch and two keeper eyes before the wind blew us off the lake.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

That’s a nice bunch of ‘eyes there! So what did you catch them on? Slip bobbers and bait or were you casting cranks?

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Nice ‘eyes guys! Thanks for sharing!

up man
    UP MICHIGAN

Quote:

So what did you catch them on? Slip bobbers and bait or were you casting cranks?

We caught most of them trolling rapalas in 6 to 8 foot of water right along the shore. A few times we stopped trolling and casted plastics in shallow water and caught a few that way too.

elheldt
    N E Iowa

Nice e report. Thanks guys

shaley
    Milford IA

We didn’t fare as well as Goose but lots of action for me and the Daughter. Her first smallmouth and first trolling fish at night.

Kept 4 eyes Sunday night, 14, 2- 15’s and a 16

up man
    UP MICHIGAN

At least you caught a few more keepers then we have been catching. Most of ours have been to small or too big.

Congrats to your daughter on her first smallmouth! They are fun to catch!!

shaley
    Milford IA

We got alot of dinks, a few perch, bunch of White Bass and a few slot fish to. I haven’t been working at it to hard yet, just lazy trolling so far. I got a muskie tourney this weekend then a friend and his dad are coming up for a weekend of chasing supper before turning my attention full time to muskies.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.