LMB on Moxi?

• nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Answer is YES!

Today I am home with the wife and newborn, at least its not raining, snowing, or icing today like yesterday. After taking the dog for a walk I snuck out the back yard to the pond with a rod from river bank walleye fishing last week. Tied on was a 3/16 jig head with a white moxi. About the 10th cast tied into this largemouth. About 20 casts later another just a bit smaller. The first fist was hooked in the corner of the mouth and the second one I had to carefully remove the hook from just above the back of his throat. Totally inhaled it. Trust me all I felt was one tick and set the hook. Good thing I payed attention or I might be eating bass tonight, yuck!

I can definitely vouch for the moxi action on slow retrieve which is exactly what I was doing. Making long casts, with full drop to the bottom and slowly hopping back to the shore. No more than 1/2 reel crank at a time. SLOW…. Both fish picked the bait up midway back on the cast.

Pretty excited as the water is very cold, ice just came off with some warmer weather, but today is frigid with some cold wind from the North. Two fish caught in less than 1/2 hour is a success in my book. Will need to do some futher testing definitely. I definitely like the action on a slow retrieve, much better tail movement than any grub or ring that I have used previously in other applications. Could this be a new option for us bass guys crawling finesse lures for finicky fish?

I know what you guys are thinking, pond bass bite on anything but I would not agree. I have fished out there quite a bit getting skunked and tested many lures and techniques that completely fail. So far these plastics will not hit the garage sale tackle table.

Going to head back out later this afternoon with some permission… Had to answer some questions when I was knocking on the patio door telling her to take out the cam.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

awsome!! gotta get away when ever you can now!! Im totaly hooked on the moxies, i cant wait to get them to the border waters(traverse)I think when the twister bite gets going that thesebaits are gonna turn a better quality than the standard twisters or ringies.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

eating bass tonight, yuck!

Are you crazy – Bass out of cold water is Great. About a 2Lb bass in foil on the grill with lemon and buttler – YUM!!!!

iceman35
    upstate New York

I may pick up some of the Chart peppper moxies. St Lawrence river LGM love that color! would like to see that bait in black or dark pumpkin…

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I thought they looked tempting for bass. I will have to try some.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.