Fall Smallies + big minnows+ kids= PRICELESS

• t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

I love fall, the colors of course are cool, but the true thrill is catching 100 plus trophy Smallies for the day with the wife and kids 5 & 8. The monster Smallies are on the feedbag and bulking up for winter as they were engulfing 8-9″ minnows. Today, Saturday, I got the pleasure taking my wife Carrie and my girls Olivia and Isabella out. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and plenty of monster Smallies made for a great Saturday afternoon. It was the second day in a row i quit due to running out of minnows but not before boating 100 plus myself on Friday we were able to duplicate the mega minnow pattern for another 50-70 in 3 hours today. And the size? Smallest fish out of 150 plus was 17″ and largest 21″ with more 19’s than i cared to count. Both of my girls said it was the funnest fishing ever and want to go back out soon! We stopped photos after the first half hour or so, here are a few. All barbs on the hooks were pinched down and all fish were returned immediately to the water, this is recommended to everyone as these trophies are very aggresive right now so if you miss the hook set just drop it back for a couple seconds you will get them again, no need to let them swallow the bait. Take a kid fishing, i’ve dedicated over half my trips this year to kids and love every memory, hopefully it lights a flame for the love of fishing.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.