power pro

• bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

For skipin docks on spinning gear this is what you guys think would be the best choice overall

fishing vet
    Blaine, MN

I use 20 to 30 lbs power pro on a 6 1/6 ft med to med heavy fast tip rod. I have never had any problems with this setup. I love dock fishing and always have one on my deck and usuially throw it sometimes during the day. There are many tournaments that I have 2-3 dock rods set up and that is all I will throw. I still recomend retieing after a pike or getting wrapped around a post, but you could not believe some of the fish that I have pulled from docks.

The larger bass in the picture (5.83 Lbs) won big bass in a tournament and was pulled out from a dock, he wrapped me around 2 dock poles and a pontoon lift. There is no way mono or flouro could have landed this fish. This fish earned me $500 and is the biggest fish taken on that lake in a tournament.

There is nothing else that I would reccomend.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

As Jason showed, you can’t land them big fish with using floro or mono, that would have snapped in a heart beat. althought, contrary to popular believe, I actually use spider wire stealth in the 30# green. I will probably go and try power pro again, but I have never broke off on stealth, even on the river. Just my .02 worth. and by the way, you could outfish Jason any day of the week, because he sucks at fishing. Just kidding jason, you just don’t rule.

shane

fishing vet
    Blaine, MN

I think I rule over you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

you wanna put your rep where your mouth is. I challange you to a duel!!!!!!! winner takes all!! all of what, I don’t know, all of nothing is still nothing.

anyway, I have enjoyed your conversations and also spending time with you in your boat

shane

fishing vet
    Blaine, MN

Shane (Tracking, ooops I missed) I have a challenge for you, I have the lake, my boat, we each get control half of the time, top 5 fish win. Then you can cry for the rest of the year.

POWER PRO IS THE WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Jason,

Your challange has been accepted. I vow to kick your all over the lake, you can even make it a lake where we both don’t know the water and we have to fish it and find the fish instead of having spots. you also have to let me know what lake it is so I can do some homework on the body of water. only fair.

STEALTH RULES and JASON DROOLS!!!

shane

et1770
    Shakopee, MN

I hope you guys are going to post the time and location of this smackdown. A few observation boats could make it a real event.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I am not sure that Jason wants a bunch of people watching him crying in the front of his boat while I am whoopping his . anyway, I am sure it will be publically announced.

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I think Jason is Scared!! he didn’t reply. cat gots his fingers.

I think that if you go with either stealth or power pro, you will have no problems. you just need to find out what line you prefer to use. our opinions are our personal prefferences. just what we feel comfortable using. the same has to go for you, find the line that you like, try them both side by side and go from there.

shane

fishing vet
    Blaine, MN

I just got off the phone with Shane and he was crying and pleading with me not to kick his @#%*! on the water. Mabyee I’ll just take him out and show him how to fish instead, if the money is right.

You can go ahead and try them both but keep the reciept for the stealth.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

the truth is that it was Jason that as crying on the phone asking me to be nice to him and not kick his by a whole ton of fish and wieght. I will probably have to share my go to lure with him to he don’t feel left out.

shane

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Oh where did I put my waders
    It’s getting deep in here.

fishing vet
    Blaine, MN

Watch out when you put them on Shane has filled them also!!!!!!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

just what i needed to read after 14 hours in a plow truck. man I can’t wait for this contest. I suppose I better get stocked up on lures and stuff now, who knows what kind of goofy stuff he is going to be trying to get me to buy.

shane

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.