Smallie Video

• ryan-mcmahon
    Twin Cities, MN

What do you think of this video? It was rendered too small for youtube so it will have to be re-done… But we just edited some footage from a couple different trips last spring… This was my first experience with Go Pro’s…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqwzJn4xoCs

marmike

I like it.

Wish I had a go pro!

aleb
    Butler county Iowa

Nice job

Bob Bowman
    MN

I like it!

Bare feet,sunshine and a smallie slugfest, can’t wait to get back on the river.

pdl
    Bayport/St. Croix/Otsego/Grand Rapids

Ahhhh…teeshirts, pine trees, glass and Mr. Scrappie Bronzeback.
    Can it get any better?????

ryan-mcmahon
    Twin Cities, MN

Ah yes, nothing better than a calm, warm day in May when you can slam smallies at will…

Thanks for the kind words guys. Like I said this was sort of the maiden voyage with the go pros, and of course the first day the batteries died/I got bored with them by the time we found the big females. Then a few days later when I used them again, it was all little buck bass biting.

I think I’ll put this up on my website though… I’m trying to book more Smallie trips in May in an attempt to extend my guiding season…

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

Looks like a good time!! Its a good way to show your on fish other than pictures!

greghuff
    South Minneapolis, Minnesota

If you buy two inexpensive digital voice recorders, pair them with lapel mics, you can make your videos really pop by being able to hear your anglers get excited when they catch the fish and explain how they caught them. It takes some practice to synch separately recorded audio tracks into your video edit, but it greatly supplements compelling visuals like you’ve got here.

Before I worked as a videographer and video editor for “In-Depth Outdoors” TV, I produced numerous bass fishing videos using this budget-conscious trick. PM or email me ([email protected]) if you’d like some additional information and/or tips. Maybe we can schedule a time to fish together and we can use my digital voice recorders and I’ll show you how I use them.

Regards,

Greg

ryan-mcmahon
    Twin Cities, MN

Hey Greg, it was great to meet you this weekend. This sounds like a good idea and I might have to take you up on that offer this year. Let’s stay in touch… Thanks!

greghuff
    South Minneapolis, Minnesota

Quote:

Hey Greg, it was great to meet you this weekend. This sounds like a good idea and I might have to take you up on that offer this year. Let’s stay in touch… Thanks!

You betcha. Good to meet you too! We’ll keep in touch, maybe chase some smallies!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.