Southern Mn Bite

• Cullen Vinar

Anyone having any luck in the Faribault area? It has been getting crazy pressure but not hearing any results.

Also, walleye have been very stingy this year, anyone having better luck on any of the lakes?

Thanks,

Cullen

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I fish that area once every 5 years. Needless to say I have gotten skunked each time on different lakes. That there is 15 years of $hitty ice fishing. I’ll be back in 2025!

Fox 2005
    Mazaska 2010*I had a bite
    French 2015
    Cannon 2020

I have confirmed there are fish in Cannon and Roberds as I have caught them out of my boat!

PmB

Brutally slow for me. I gave up recently with the weather and results. Back at it this weekend

tim hurley

Their are not hords of anglers down there because the lakes are pretty!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Their are not hords of anglers down there because the lakes are pretty!

They are there because those are the only lakes in the SE part of the state where you can drive a truck on. Closest lakes to Kato/Roch residents and south metro to some extent. They ain’t there because the fishing is gr, goo, ok.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

It has been tough. Lots of small fish and lots of moving around to even find those. I can find pan fish but never had any luck with the walleye down there on hard water.

tim hurley

Just looked at report for a lake that showed 80 crappies per net. Not 8, 80. This is close to faribault. Please tell me about any lake with an access within 100 miles north of the metro that has that many. Were most small? Of course any lake with lots of year classes and good #s will have mostly small fish. Biggest crappie they got was a 15.That is why they are there-Your shot at an honest to goodness 10” ‘gill is pretty good down there too.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Cedar by new Prague has probably 5x those counts

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

UPL guys did pretty good down there from what I saw.

Scott Murphy

A lot of fish but all same size. Have you seen big ones come out of here?

tim hurley

Any lake with more than one year class and lots of fish will have mostly small fish. Taking out the big ones and throwing back the small ones makes it worse, by now those schools at the community holes have been spanked and spanked again-break off and find something new.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Dad and uncle did pretty good on cedar last weekend mixed bag crappie and sunnies , nothing giant but a few nicer ones. my uncles never heard of a fish tasting small smash

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Even though most of them are around 8.5-9”, they’re pretty thick across back so you can get a nice meal. Took my son out there and let him catch both of our limits…he thought he was a pro!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.