South Hayward

• Hilltopper
    LaCrosse, WI

Would anyone be willing to give up some tips about fishing the Chippewa Flowage or a smaller lake to the west of the Chip. I live in Glenwood City Wi. and have access to a Cabin around the Eau Claire Lakes area. I am looking into some insight about Walleye fishing my way to the cabin and then on the way home. I have fished the Chip. a few times in the past. It seems a bit overwhelming. Care to share anything to help me. I am just looking for a place to start, i don’t want anyones secrets.
    Hilltopper

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Hilltopper:

I have never fished it, but in the spring, I would look for any of the incoming streams on the Flowage as a starting point. I would suspect that in general the warmest water will be coming in at those locations. From there I would be staying close, looking for windblown shorelines/points, especially those with rock and wood. Then finally looking at the breaks in those areas… Also a good hint from Al Lindner is most of the fish should be in ten feet of water or less. Not that there aren’t fish deeper, but if you can find fish using aggressive moves, you can cover more water looking…

Mark

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.