Smooth Moves-WavePro-AirWave

• Fishing59

Looking to buy a pair of seat for my new boat. What I would like to know is the pro and cons of the seats from people that have them for good info.
    As you know they are expensive and would like to make the right decision.
    Thanks for your thoughts.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Good question. I am trying to make the same decision.

I have been in a boat with Smooth Moves and have decided that is not what I would like.

I am leaning towards Airwave’s. They seem very well built and there are a lot of pro’s that run them and thank the owner when the are interviewed after a day when it was rough ride because of the waves.

I have also heard good reviews of the WavePro’s.

mojogunter

I have had both Airwaves and wavepro. Both are good. Wavepro feel more plush. I had Wavepro on my last boat and the latest came with Airwaves. If I had to choose I would go with the wavepro’s. I have heard of the first version of the wavepro’s breaking off. The 2.0 are supposed to be stronger. My fat ass never broke my 1.0 though. I think either way you go you will be more than happy.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I’ve owned all 3 and I like the WavePro and a close second AirWave. Between my Dad and I, we’ve owned 6 WavePros and never had an issue. I like that they are quiet, easy to adjust, and don’t bottom out. I did a side by side comparison video-it’s on YouTube on the Fife Fishing page.

grizzly
    nebraska

had the smooth moves and road in a boat with wave pros and ordered the wave pros the same day,wife has bad back and loves the wave pros and we fish LOTW a lot.

Meterman

I fish Lake of the Woods and purchased WavePro 2.0 pedestals for the pedestals behind the helm. Also purchased Tempress Pro-Bax seats with these pedestals. Love both.

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

My last boat I had wave pros my new boat has air waves. I just took two trips to Erie and on several occasions my air waves bottomed out. I adjusted the pressure and turned it up above my weight rating of 230lbs and still bottomed our on occasion. Yes it was extremely rough but my wave pros never bottomed put on me once. Both are good but I would purchase wave pros!

mojogunter

One other complaint I have are my airwave’s lose pressure, and I have to add air every month or so. Last fall I tightened the valve stems but I haven’t checked to see if they lost pressure over the winter yet. Anyone else have that issue?

paulroecker

I have been running wave pro’s on my last 3 boats with no issues. Running across Mille Lacs or LOTW it is amazing when the waves are high, just pick my feet off the floor and let the suspension float. A real game changer.

Jonesy

I have only been on smooth moves. I would say it was nice however the ejector seat thing is real. Guy was pounding waves and I kid you not we hit a wave so hard the smooth moves literally stood me on my feet.

Yellow Fever
    Kingston Ontario

One other complaint I have are my airwave’s lose pressure, and I have to add air every month or so. Last fall I tightened the valve stems but I haven’t checked to see if they lost pressure over the winter yet. Anyone else have that

I have to check mine and top them up as well, bit of an inconvenience that we should not have to do

Mike Johnson

I have the wave pros and love them on Lake Michigan and Erie. I upgraded to the 2.0 after having 2 1.0s fail on me. I love being able to adjust the pressure to individual settings easily.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.