Smoky Mountain trout fishing trip

• Ed Mashburn

Good evening to all-
    Well, Fellers, I went to North Carolina to do some field research for an article, and I had a very good time.
    I did get educated and educated quick that my trout fishing skills were not up to snuff. I was slow and behind every time I got a strike. fishing a dry-dropper rig, I’d get strikes, but by the time I set the hook, the fish was gone back home and watching TV. I finally got quicker on the hookset and managed to catch some lovely rainbow trout.
    I do love getting to travel to places away from home to catch some fish.
    So, you Fellers from the Great Up North, where should I try to get a fishing trip set up for your part of the world?
    I’ve been to Wisconsin- Yamaha sent me to a nice get-together at Lucerne Lake, I believe it was. I did not catch many fish, but to be honest, that might be more my fault than anything else.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

There are tons of options up here. Do you like to fish big water?

Ed Mashburn

Good morning to all-

lindyrig79- Well, Brother, I fish the Gulf of Mexico fairly often, and I reckon that qualifies as big water.
    I will admit that big, cold, deep freshwater makes me a bit uneasy. those freshwater waves build up quickly when it comes on to blow.
    Tell me about the big water fishing up there- I’m interested.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.