Small, Foldable Chairs for Ice Shelter

• Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Any suggestions on a very small, light set of portable and foldable chairs? My 2 man doesn’t have chairs and it’s pretty small. Looking for a good chair that folds down very small.

I’ve seen brands like Cliq that look pretty good. Wondering what else guys use. Not as concerned on the cost…willing to pay a premium for small and lightweight.

Anything is better than a bucket…

Reed

I use the eskimo folding chair. its a tripod style so it has a small footprint and works well in tight space.

LabDaddy1

I use the eskimo folding chair. its a tripod style so it has a small footprint and works well in tight space.

I use a similar cabelas brand. Saddle style. They are nice and actually very comfortable. Haven’t sat on them for more than 5 hours though.

Nodak

Scheels Kong chair. Also have an extra tall director with a little table. I’m 6’3 and like sitting higher up. My chairs are heavier and bulkier though.

Deuces

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Reed wrote:</div>

I use a similar cabelas brand. Saddle style. They are nice and actually very comfortable. Haven’t sat on them for more than 5 hours though.

I use mine in a pinch but the balls start hurting after a short while.

Deuces

My GMA still has those old school aluminum folding chairs, says she can’t find anything else out there as light for her to carry to watch grandkids ball games. Things are a feather and seen them come back new at a store recently.

I’m watching comments as well. Need one for hub.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Get the director style chair, after using several different models of chairs its the only style that does not suck to sit in for hours at a time. Trophy Angler makes a good one, I also have a Cabelas brand one that is good, with the fold out chair for a beverage. toast

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

The higher back chairs don’t work….two won’t really fit. Could maybe do one for when I’m alone and two smalls I guess.

Randy, those look nice but they are almost 20# apiece. I’m a walker so that extra weight is too much.

Ideally I’d like a larger 2 man but having to haul them by hand isn’t realistic.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I use a small foldable camo chair I use for hunting. It does the trick. Like 12 bucks at Walmart or where ever..

Attachments:
    1. 20211107_111449-1-scaled.jpg

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I don’t sit and fish that long in one spot unless I’m somewhere shallow that employs more of a “wait quietly” type tactic and pick off roaming fish (Upper Red, giant flats on Pool 4 perching, etc). When I do stay situated the chair in the picture has been great. I was skeptical about some tripod type thing, but it is surprisingly comfortable. I’m only about 5’11” though. I could see someone 6’4″+ needing to be further off the ice.

Attachments:
    1. 1.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Randy,
    Does that chair come with a carrying case?

tswoboda

Any suggestions on a very small, light set of portable and foldable chairs? My 2 man doesn’t have chairs and it’s pretty small. Looking for a good chair that folds down very small.

I’ve seen brands like Cliq that look pretty good. Wondering what else guys use. Not as concerned on the cost…willing to pay a premium for small and lightweight.

Anything is better than a bucket…

Harbor Freight (I know, I know) has a nice lightweight – ALUMINUM – directors chair that goes on sale for $20. They’re about 6 lbs and fold flat.

I have one of those triangle chairs with a backrest… don’t do that to yourself.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

These are the most comfortable chair out there imo, just wish they put them on a tripod or other more portable option than just ice house replacements. I’m sure you could Red Green it up and make it work. Personally I like the padded bucket topper.

http://www.ardisam.com/15004-seat-versa-top

Sylvanboat

I would think something with good solid back support would be a must.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.