Sleeper Rental Suggestions

• dhpricco
    Twin Cities, MN

Looking to rent a sleeper house with the family mid January for a weekend. I have been looking through some old threads for ideas on good rentals, but am open to more if people have any good ones they can suggest. Would be bringing the wife and the two oldest kids. I am pretty open to anything within about a 4-5 hr drive. We live in the south metro for reference. Couple I have sent emails to already are below. Does anyone know of any sleeper rentals on Vermilion?

Leech Lake Fishing House Rentals
    Up North Fish House Rentals
    High Banks Resort

Smellson

Leech would be about my last choice for a winter trip. Winnie can be plenty of action with perch and small walleyes. Red would probably be my preferred choice, but may be hard to find a weekend rental available. West wind, cookies and bear paw on red have always had a good reputation and be worth checking on availability

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Reach out to First City Guide Service, he runs ice castles, mainly on Red and LOTW, but lives in Nevis and might be able to set you up on a lake closer to his home. Otherwise Trappers Landing or J&K Marine in Walker rents Yetti’s you can take anywhere.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Highbanks usually dont open there doors for winter fishing until after the first of the year, but Kim is usually pretty good about responding. we never rented a fishhouse from them, i brought my own. just rented a cabin.

Rick, told me once Winnies bite usually quits at dark, but if you do catch a walleye it will be one to take a picture of and release!!!!!!!!

just what i know of highbanks, and they are great people. they usually do a pretty good job of trying to keep people on fish!

i also agree on leech……for some reason they dont have the road systems etc like some of the other lakes.

Paul D
    Roseville

Last two years I have rented from Macs Twin Bay, and I highly recommend them. Sleepers are clean, warm, and have a door on the bathroom (they don’t use a plastic bag either). Both times out we were able to get trophies (no we didn’t keep them), 27″ & 28″.

dhpricco
    Twin Cities, MN

Highbanks got back to me and they are already booked up that weekend I am looking at. Thanks for the heads up on Leech I will cross that off the list. Sent a note to First City Guide Service, but looks like Tom Boley just put out a video yesterday and recommended them so I am sure they are swamped with inquiries.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.