Wx 1850 first time on water

• brentbullets

I believe that your motor calls for minimum 89 octane. I would run Premium Fuel with no ethanol, I know manual says that you can run ethanol but I don’t and won’t. You need to trim up your motor to get mph and rpms. With motor all the way down you will have too much drag and it really hinders performance.

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

I will put the premium in it next time I go out. I am surprised that trimming it up I could gain 7mph I understand a couple of mph.

reddog

Quote:

I will put the premium in it next time I go out. I am surprised that trimming it up I could gain 7mph I understand a couple of mph.

I dont see you getting 47 out of it. I never have. Max gp ive ever seen was 45, going downstream, with a tailwind.

I’m surprised you could even steer it with it trimmed all the way down. Change fuel, and trim it up till the prop quits grabbing, then then drop it back in. Different conditions require different trim adjustments.

bls1984
    wells,mi

I get 48 with stock.2 people full everything. I only run 87 with ring free. Just keep tapping up trim till you hit the point that it sounds like your prop is coming out of the water than tap it down one.you will feel it. Just don’t make sudden turns. Only get 43 with trim gauge level

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

Thank you for all the replays. I will do this next time on water hopefully this weekend.

I thought it turned easy with the motor trimmed all the way down compared to my old boat.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Easiest way to set trim…..Set engine RPMS watch GPS and keep bumping trim up until speed starts to drop off and then trim back down a bit. If boat starts to porpoise either trim down a bit or increase engine RPM. Trim levels will very every time you are on the water, varies with load, water conditions, and air temp.

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

Thanks again for all the advise. I will be going out again this weekend and give it a try.

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

Took the boat out on Sat and WOW does playing wiht trim make a HUGE difference.Know if i could get my HB to work properly i would be really happy.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.