Hull cleaner

• waterice
    Elk Point, SD

Sorry if there is another post for this question. I am not sure now how to do a search on this site.

What can a person use to clean their boats and to get the water spots off? I am sure there a 100’s of products out there some work some dont.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Vinegar/water 50/50

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

Do you spray it on when you leave the water or wait until its dry then spay and wipe off?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Quote:

Vinegar/water 50/50

+1 on the Vinegar/Water mixture, I wipe mine off…

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Not saying the other stuff doesn’t work but,

this is what they recommended when I bought my boat.

Bass Boat Saver

rblosser

Wonder Foam and Restore from Larson sales. Best stuff I’ve ever used hands down!

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

My neighbor just ordered the Wonderfoam. After looking at the product i notice that is said do not use on Acrylic bare aluminum or moled plastics. Wouldnt the screen for the livewell intake be a moled plastic?

Beuks60

I am a huge fan of using Babes Boat Bright after every use. It not only cleans the hull but also puts a wax finish on it. Ever since I have started using this product, I have had many people comment on the “clean shine” of my boat. I would recommend this to anyone!!!

692fisherman
    champlin mn

x3 on the vinager and water… works great on gelcoat

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

Vinegar/water solution mixed 50/50, works great to clean water stains & spots on the hull & screens of your electronics but it stinks, and does nothing else. As mentioned, Bass Boat Saver can be used anywhere in your boat including the carpet & cleans, protects, removes stains, has UV inhibitor etc… I recommend purchasing by the gallon.

You should also be regularly waxing your boat with a high quality wax. I wish I would have spent more time than I have maintaining mine.

brentbullets

Quote:

Wonder Foam and Restore from Larson sales. Best stuff I’ve ever used hands down!

This what I have used for years. Yes, Wonderfoam you need to follow the directions. It is primarily to be used for waterspots that have been there awhile and are caked on. I haven’t used 2 bottles of Wonderfoam in 6 years but Restore, a couple of cases,used almost weekly at least, if not right after boat comes off the water, and I really don’t have to worry about waterspots any more.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.