keel winch gaurd?

• bls1984
    wells,mi

anyone put one on or know of options/sizes? notice some scuffing and powdery substance on hull right above winch hook where it is resting on the wheel. have a wx1850 black onyx hull. thanks

Zach H

I am noticing the same issue with my MX. I would love to hear if there is any solution to this problem. I would hate to keep beating up the bow of the boat.

Sean Reames

This is the scuffbuster on our ride and drive 1850. It fits perfect between the bow eye and first contour in the hull.

reddog

Is that the XL Sean? (not notched version) Same here with my WX1850. I think some of it is attributed to road grime/gravel getting in there while traveling,(sitting in the crotch)

Sean Reames

Quote:

Is that the XL Sean? (not notched version) Same here with my WX1850. I think some of it is attributed to road grime/gravel getting in there while traveling,(sitting in the crotch)

It is Not the notched version

Zach H

Will this style work on the MX? The hull has a different contour to it and not sure this style will work. There is a rib just above where the bow sits in the bow roller.

reddog

Ordered the XL today… I think it’s “moldable”?

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I wouldnt call it moldable per say. It does bend and you can form it some but it doesnt stick well to the bump outs of the pin strips.

castertroy

I removed the yellow roller and replaced it with a black rubber one. That helped to eliminate the scuffing.

Zach H

Quote:

I wouldnt call it moldable per say. It does bend and you can form it some but it doesnt stick well to the bump outs of the pin strips.

Eric, Is there scuff guard you guys use on the MX’s?

bls1984
    wells,mi

Thanks a lot. I will be ordering one. Any one better for the 1850? Does it come with adhesive?

bls1984
    wells,mi

Is that the XL? Is that what you recommend?

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

i put KeelGuard brand “scuffbusters” on my WX2000T and they work well. around $20 each at Cabelas. i put one with a notch around the bow eye and one without a notch above that one.
    clean, easy install (bend to fit) and look good. most importantly, no more scuffing.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Eric, Is there scuff guard you guys use on the MX’s?

There isnt that I know of. For boats that the scuff buster doesnt fit on we have been changing the center roller to a softer black roller. Only thing when you do that you have to keep a constant eye on the roller as it will get chewed up pretty easy and will get down to the bolt which will cause major scratches. They are pretty cheap so we just replace them more often when they get worn out.

Zach H

Alrighty. Sounds like I will be getting a different roller. Sounds like an easy enough fix for me. Thanks!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.