new boat troubles need some help

• bls1984
    wells,mi

I just got a new wx 1850. so far my main live well recirc will not work, does not even make a noise. switch lights up and fuze is good, beyond that wire tracing is impossible. my transduce keeps kicking up as soon as I get on plane, raised it up to the max left on it, is it too low? my terrova w/ipilot does not listen when I push the buttons sometimes and sometimes it does a 90 when I tap it once for a slight turn also my low speeds don’t match on remote and my hummingbird 1198. remote will say 1.1 and the 1198 will say .6 ? at over 2 mph they read identicle. and I have a ram mount that is moving on me and tricks to lock that in? thanks any help is appreciated

kroger3
    blaine mn

Bring it to the dealer you got it from and tell them everything you posted. Other then your livewell issue it sounds like all dealer rigging problems. A good dealer will get all your issues resolved in short order. Theres always kinks to dial in no matter what boat and how much you spend. As far as the ram mount you should be running the 2.25″ ball can just crank it tight by hand any smaller of a ball and its to small for that unit. I run hard in rough conditions and my 1198 on a 2.25″ ball never moves.

bls1984
    wells,mi

its the 2.25. was not really that rough and it was falling. we will see, the dealer has been a nightmare from the beginning. took all the excitement and enjoyment right out of the whole new boat purchase. would the gps speed issue and bow mount be faulty equipment or is that how they are?

bls1984
    wells,mi

the dealer is 3 hours away, just trying to fix what I can.

Zach H

Quote:

The dealer has been a nightmare from the beginning. took all the excitement and enjoyment right out of the whole new boat purchase.

Why is this becoming more and more of a problem lately? Even when I was looking for my new boat I ran into a total and I am so glad that I seen the light and was able to pull myself away from the dealer before I went ahead with the purchase. I just don’t understand why these people think this is the way to do business. I also wonder if there is anything that Skeeter does as a company to reward a company for great customer service and penalize them someway when there customer service is far from good? You would think they would have some sort of system set up to make sure that these dealers that are marketing their product are coming through on the dealer end and making sure that the customer is happy. I hope you get your boat issues handled without to much of an issue. It sucks when you purchase a new boat and you bring it home, and some of the key components that you need are useless to you. Good luck!

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Quote:

I just got a new wx 1850. so far my main live well recirc will not work, does not even make a noise. switch lights up and fuze is good, beyond that wire tracing is impossible. my transduce keeps kicking up as soon as I get on plane, raised it up to the max left on it, is it too low? my terrova w/ipilot does not listen when I push the buttons sometimes and sometimes it does a 90 when I tap it once for a slight turn also my low speeds don’t match on remote and my hummingbird 1198. remote will say 1.1 and the 1198 will say .6 ? at over 2 mph they read identicle. and I have a ram mount that is moving on me and tricks to lock that in? thanks any help is appreciated

BLS1984 check your Pm. And welcome to IDO!

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Scrap the Ram and move to a large Johnny Ray.

Look luck with the boat issues.

gwood
    Murica

Quote:

Scrap the Ram and move to a large Johnny Ray.

Look luck with the boat issues.

X2

On your bilge pump make sure the pump itself on the back of your livewell is straight up and down. It mostly likely cockeyed and losing suction.

bls1984
    wells,mi

checked the recirc pump and it was straight up and down. moved it around a little and still nothing. does not even vibrate or make a noise. the one on the baitwell is noisey

Zach H

BLS, I see Brent sent you a PM. Not sure if you know how to check them or not (since you are new to the forum). He would know all about your issues you are having and if he doesn’t, he will for sure get you an answer as soon as he can.

bls1984
    wells,mi

yep I figured out how to check them thanks. crazy another dealer helps more than the one you spend thousands at, I will call him, hummingbird, and minn kota tmr, then followed by a call to my dealer and they will probably ruin my mood all day.

Zach H

Its amazing how much of a difference it makes when you are able to talk to people that have a passion for what they do. Even though you are way out in God’s country, the guys on here are willing to help you out in any way possible. If they can’t solve the problem, they provide you with the information you will need to keep you on a path that will put you back on the water. Glad to see you are getting some solutions to your misfortunes!

reddog

1850s can have a tendency to be a troublesome HDSI transducer installation if you want it running in the water coming off the bottom of the boat, and not up on the step in a “safer” location.

I don’t really care for your location, (being right on that strake) as the water will be turbulent coming off that strake, but, that has nothing to do with it flipping up. There is not enough height in that portion of the transom to get it up where it needs to be, and still be able to level it left to right.

I moved my HDSI a couple times in order to find the “sweet spot” and I had to change from the factory provided mount in order to get it the way I wanted.

bls1984
    wells,mi

I bent the tabs of the mount in a bit and put a washer in the hinge bolt to snug it up a bit. I seem to have a good reading still at 35 mph and it didn’t kick up this time. on 200 its clear at all speeds. if I have it on 200/83 it gets really cluttered at 10 mph but bottom is still there is that normal?. is it an issue using that transducer for that or do I need a high speed transducer?

reddog

I have no trouble reading at full speed with my setup.. Sometimes, depending on how much air I get under the hull, I will lose bottome momentarily, but, it always comes back..

Admittedly, I don’t use 2D much.. (only to play around with it, after Ive caught my share of fish for the day) Most of the reason I don’t, is because I typically fish shallow, and SI excels in shallow water..

I would guess that youre blowing a pretty big rooster tail with that setup. ‘

‘Cant help you with a high speed recommendation. I have a glassed in, but disconnected it when I got my main ducer tweaked into position.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.