Skeeter responding to emails

• waterice
    Elk Point, SD

Anyone else have an issue with skeeter not responding to emails? I sent an email in September to skeeter about an issue with my rear live well. I sent a video of the problem to them and have not herd a word from them. I sent a second email tonight to them asking why the didn’t responded to my first email.

imhooked
    Oconomowoc, WI

I want to say there possibly is as well. Sent 2 e-mails back in October and one yesterday.

In between, however, when I sent a text to Justin he was back to me in less than 5 minutes. I thought it was just me.

I’ll give him a call to ask if he’s received those e-mails.

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

Thank you for all the help.

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

Dean if i dont hear back from skeeter ill send you an email and a video of the problem i am having with the livewell.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Anyone else have an issue with skeeter not responding to emails? I sent an email in September to skeeter about an issue with my rear live well. I sent a video of the problem to them and have not herd a word from them. I sent a second email tonight to them asking why the didn’t responded to my first email.

I cant say for certain but they are usually pretty good. I do know that if i attach a video or send more than 2 pictures they dont get the email. That could be the issue also.

If you cant get a hold of them let us know and we will get in touch with the correct people or get you figured out.

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

Thank you. Ill let you know if they contact me.

My issue on my boat is that when i am filling the rear livewell up and dont turn it off there is water coming from the livewell into the boat and then the bilge pumps turns on. Is this something skeeters does so the livewell dont overfill on the floor of the boat?

I did notice the overfill hose had a arch in it and the dealer shortened it so it level.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Every boat I have had with live wells and bait wells the fill pump rate far out does the rate of an over flow gravity drain. I am sure Eric will respond and maybe a float switch can be added but other then using your timer side of the fill switch it sounds like it is doing what it should. Running it with the timer will allow the over flow to keep up.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Thank you. Ill let you know if they contact me.

My issue on my boat is that when i am filling the rear livewell up and dont turn it off there is water coming from the livewell into the boat and then the bilge pumps turns on. Is this something skeeters does so the livewell dont overfill on the floor of the boat?

I did notice the overfill hose had a arch in it and the dealer shortened it so it level.

What model and year boat do you have?

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

2013 WX1850,

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

Here is a video of what i am talking about.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

About the only fail safe solution is to install a smaller gph pump in those. If they already shortened the over flow there isnt a whole lot more you can do. Between a smaller pump or using the timer is about the only options.
    If a guy wanted to he could add a second over flow drain that would also help with the issue.

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

Is this normal in all the skeeter boats or do I have an issue that needs to be fixed?

imhooked
    Oconomowoc, WI

Justin gave me a ring today from Chippewa Falls location and we ran some e-mail testing.
    Turns out the failure to receive correspondence is due to MY e-mail service provider. We got things figured out and it just proves, once again, that SBC goes the extra mile to make sure things are taken care of right!
    Sounds like Eric is going to sort things out with your livewell!
    You’re in good hands!

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

Thank you very much for all your help.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Is this normal in all the skeeter boats or do I have an issue that needs to be fixed?

It is not normal in all skeeters. I have heard it more than once on that particular model with that livewell design though.
    What it boils down to is the over flow drain for that boat actually drains under the water. Between being under water (creates back pressure from the lake water) and a large fill pump the over flow just cant keep up.

The easiest solution is to turn it to automatic once the livewell gets full. It can keep up with it than. Other options would be installing a smaller fill pump (it will take longer to fill than), and the last option would be to install a second overflow drain.

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

I have had the same problem with my WX1900. Even on auto, it dumps into my bilge. Maybe a smaller pump is the way to go.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I have had the same problem with my WX1900. Even on auto, it dumps into my bilge. Maybe a smaller pump is the way to go.

If you havent, check your overflow hose and make sure it goes in a fairly straight line and doesnt go up and down getting to the drain. Generally speaking if the overflow hose is straight it can keep up with the auto function. Yours could be different though.

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

The over flow hose did have a upward arch in it which i figured it was part of the problem. I had the boat shop make it short so it was level. I will have to wait until spring to check it out again.

My main concern is it leaking into the boat. In my opinion this is something Skeeter should take care of sine this could be a major issue if the auto bilge is not working and a boat sinks. I doubt this would happen but their are only two guarantees in life death and taxes.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.