Silver Pike?

• Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

It’s not actually silver color but I’ve never seen one with zero spots like this. Very cool fish caught in a Park Rapids area lake that is somewhat known for having silvers.

Will

Attachments:
    1. EBD46B8C-C2C0-4484-BE11-592B92D3BA2A.jpeg

bigpike

Nice eater! Maybe he was spending a lot of time on sand bottom? They do chameleon a bit depending on there surroundings

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

I’m no silver pike pro, but I believe that to be one

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Stay off of Belle Taine Will! Lol I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the lake you were on, but we have them on BT and they are cool looking. I’ve only caught one and thought it was a tiny musky at first.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

That’s a cool looking fish, never seen one.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’m no silver pike pro, but I believe that to be one

I caught one in the metro that looked just like that a number of years ago, though it was much smaller. I did send a photo to a MN DNR fisheries contact who agreed that it was a silver pike.

Very cool!

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Stay off of Belle Taine Will! Lol I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the lake you were on, but we have them on BT and they are cool looking. I’ve only caught one and thought it was a tiny musky at first.

I was not fishing BT. It was on another lake just down the road that I had never fished before last Saturday, caught using a drop shot and fluke. Here is a quick article about the silver pike around Park Rapids area.

http://www.parkrapidsenterprise.com/sports/outdoors/492611-silver-pike-are-rare-and-beautiful-fish

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Here is a quick article about the silver pike around Park Rapids area.

Cool story, thanks for sharing! And for the record you or anyone are welcome on BT, just give me and Scott aka Belle Taine a heads up first, we both could use some help figuring out the eye’s! rotflol

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Will Roseberg wrote:</div>
    Here is a quick article about the silver <em class=”ido-tag-em”>pike around Park Rapids area.

Cool story, thanks for sharing! And for the record you or anyone are welcome on BT, just give me and Scott aka Belle Taine a heads up first, we both could use some help figuring out the eye’s! rotflol

ah yes, Belle Taine , known for its Silver Pike and invisible Walleyes!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.