Buffalo County Matching Set

• gobbler
    Central, MN

I met this guy on Facebook and he sent me a pic of a matching set he and his buddy found. For the guys in on the lease (Brad, Craig, Dean). He told me they were found w/in 5 miles of the property we hunt.

In his e-mail he said they would go 175″!!!!! Too bad the bottom of the left side has been chewed up.

thought i would share

THIS PHOTO HAS BEEN DELETED PER GOBBLER’S REQUEST.

lick

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Big!!! I live in the dorms in RF and a neighbor came walking down the hall carrying a matching set of a MASSIVE ten point with a drop off the end of the main beam The set was around 150″+ what i would give to have ONE of those

coppertop
    Central MN

Way nice set!

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Awesome

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Simply outstanding! I hope that buck spread a lot of his genes around last fall!

huntalot60
    wisconsin

there are no deer like that in wisconsin. must be from iowa. lol some great finds

tyguy11
    Alma Wi

this guy did not give you permission to post his picture on here he did not even send it to you. i am sitting right next to him and he said he did not give you permission.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Email sent to tyguy11

gobbler
    Central, MN

e-mail has been sent. sorry about posting the picture w/o your permission. I understand what it is to be a die hard and i should’ve asked before posting the pic. Once again i am sorry and i have learned a valuable lesson and wasn’t in any way trying to urine or offend someone.
    Gobbler

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

e-mail has been sent. sorry about posting the picture w/o your permission. I understand what it is to be a die hard and i should’ve asked before posting the pic. Once again i am sorry and i have learned a valuable lesson and wasn’t in any way trying to urine or offend someone.
    Gobbler

Well, it looks to me that the guy that sent you the pics isn’t the guy in the pic.right? It’s not your fault that whoever sent it to you isn’t who they say they are.

I’m sure everyone will be okay soon.

Anonymous
    Inactive

hey this is the real guy in the picture. That was just my friend being a dumbass! I do not care that gobbler posted this picture!!!

lick

Quote:

hey this is the real guy in the picture. That was just my friend being a dumbass! I do not care that gobbler posted this picture!!!

Good to hear and Welcome to iDo

Congrats on an awesome set of sheds

I’m sure we all have a few friends like that

gobbler
    Central, MN

Iberg30-
    Welcome to the site. Everyone here thinks your set of antlers are AWESOME. i hope some day to find a set like that. Once again, Congrats. Also, now i won’t have the opportunity to send out your pic. Glad you are on the site to post your own pics.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

I like your attitude iberg30! Congratulations on an awesome matching set and welcome to IDO!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Nice set Korry How far apart were they ??? How happy can a guy be finding one side….and then…. when you find the other ??? Welcome to IDO guys

proshedhunter
    Alma, WI

The person holding these sheds is my friend. I found and am the real owner of these sheds. I am very protected of my find, and you would be too. You did not have permission to post this picture on any website. I must remind you that this is very illegal. I do not want to cause any trouble, but it would be wise to take this picture off of this forum. Thank you for cooperation. Next time, ask permission before you post anyone’s picture on the internet.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Email sent to proshedhunter.

gobbler
    Central, MN

please take the picture off the site per proshedhunter. I apologize about this whole ordeal, again “I’m Sorry” i did not intend for anything like this to happen and appreciate your concern. I tried to take the pic down earlier myself by “editing” my post and wasn’t able to do so. i have sent an e-mail to the powers that be and hope this will be taken care of asap.

for what it’s worth. I hope i didn’t put a bad taste in your mouth about this site and don’t hold it against them. This is all me and i take full blame for posting w/o permission. Please know this is an awesome sight and everyone loves the outdoors and shares photos from all over the internet. This isn’t a common issue when posting pictures and has been addressed.

I have (2) things to say: 1. Sorry 2. Great Find

bradg

something doesn’t seem to be adding up here…..just sayin

big_g
    Isle, MN

Very weird….. 1st tyguy11 posts, scolding someone… then disappears. iberg30, posts, it is him in the pic (looking at his avatar) I would agree, saying no biggie on the pic…. then proshedhunter posts, they are his find, and his friend is in the pic… if his friend gives permission on the pic, I don’t think the sheds can argue the point. I don’t think posting a picture of this nature, will have any court throwing the book at someone….

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

If someone sends you a pic and doesn’t want it posted, then tell the person! It’s quite obvious to me that Gobbler received the pics without any instructions to not post them. This site is about sharing information and stories AND pics. Don’t beat yourself up Gobbler!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Oh yeah, This is getting wierd.

WIth that said,, Here’s my 2 cents. In today’s age. When you give someone permission to snap a pic of you or anything you own,, you are then giving permission for the world to see it. Just sayin’ I mean c’mon. Nothing illegal about it. Not that we want people upset on our favorite site but get real.

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

Oh yeah, This is getting wierd.

WIth that said,, Here’s my 2 cents. In today’s age. When you give someone permission to snap a pic of you or anything you own,, you are then giving permission for the world to see it. Just sayin’ I mean c’mon. Nothing illegal about it. Not that we want people upset on our favorite site but get real.

Boy did you hit the NAIL ON THE HEAD

up man
    UP MICHIGAN

Did anyone see the article in petersons hunting a few years ago about the guy who got caught trespassing and taking sheds because of a pic he posted online? The property owner recognized the sheds and they nailed the guy.

proshedhunter
    Alma, WI

Gobbler, I do not mean to be rude and it’s important for you to understand that I am not angry with you. The reason for this is because there have been many problems with illegal poaching around the area. Other big bucks have been posted on the internet, and some of them have been killed illegally. I am just trying to protect my deer! Thanks for your understanding

big_g
    Isle, MN

How would you be able to know where a certain buck shed his antlers ??? Unless it was a high fence operation, I would assume they can drop them anywhere, not necessarily where they have been seen alot/recently ???

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s what i think too Big G but i respect my friend’s wishes to take this picture off. Ricco is the only guy that actually knows where the sheds were found, not everyone on this site. It said Buffalo County match set not a certain location.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

The reason for this is because there have been many problems with illegal poaching around the area. Other big bucks have been posted on the internet, and some of them have been killed illegally. I am just trying to protect my deer! Thanks for your understanding

I think you will find that we can all understand and appreciate that! Thanks for clearing it up!!!! I don’t think anyone here will really poke at anyone else for locations.

I for one hope you guys hang around and share some of your shed hunting adventures.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.