Shallow Water Alarm on a Solix 12

• boone
    Woodbury, MN

I just installed a Solix 12 with Mega SI+. I really like it so far. But one thing that annoys me that I can’t figure out how to change is the shallow water alarm. I like to set the alarm to 4 feet so when I’m fishing wing dams or around other rock and don’t have an eye on the depth reading, I get an audible alarm to warn me to move away from the rocks before the prop hits them. With this Solix unit, when I reach 4 feet or less, I get an audible alarm which is good. But then the entire screen is blacked out with the alarm message and there’s a little “Confirm” button that pops up. Whatever view I had on the screen is blocked out. This leaves me blind about what depth I’m in or where I’m at on the chart.

I looked at the on-line operation manual and also played around with the alarm screen but can’t figure out. Also tried a google search but couldn’t find any information on it. I’ve got to believe I can configure how the shallow water alarm displays but I can’t figure out what buttons to push. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.