Seriously?

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I saw this on a 185th and Texas Avenue in Lakeville today. How can you miss this at the ramp.
    Guys like this give boaters a bad name.

Attachments:
    1. 20190722_080134.jpg

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

That is embarrassing…driving a Ram.

But yeah, not good. And most times those trailers are rentals so they see many lakes in a day.

riverruns
    Inactive

And why should anyone care? I’m sure there is no water in the trailer tubing? doah

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

I see the concern with the weeds but I know several seniors with knee and hip replacements that are unable to kneel or get under a boat to get these weeds. Most are responsible and either pressure wash them when they get home or have a family or friend help clean them off. I wouldn’t be quick to judge and get upset with this until I knew his plan of action. Hopefully he has one to take care of it!

Denny O
    Central IOWA

EPG, I just think he has his passing lane feelers installed?
    (Remember the curb feelers?) rotflol

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

And why should anyone care? I’m sure there is no water in the trailer tubing? doah

Or the next guy’s carpeted trailer bunks.

I still pull the weeds from the trailer, but in reality, the stuff is still gonna spread.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Boaters give boaters a bad name.
    Like said above carpeted trailer bunks are notorious for keeping and hiding weeds.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Moron.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Moron.

Attachments:
    1. images.jpg

404 ERROR
    MN

It’s not nice to talk bad about something someone does without first telling them about it…I can’t believe he’s driving a Ram either, but maybe he doesn’t know and just needs someone to tell him…

Wait, maybe it wouldn’t mean much coming from another Ram owner…

B-man

It’s hard to see in the pic, but I’m assuming that’s a weed clump hanging?

Charles

And yet I get yelled at AIS because I didn’t want to lower my motor because I wanted to clear the ramps. Yet the family next me pulled out there boat covered in weeds.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Curious if it is illegal to pull trailer out and leave weeds on it? Or only illegal when you try to put it back in with weeds on it?

tangler
    Inactive

Curious if it is illegal to pull trailer out and leave weeds on it? Or only illegal when you try to put it back in with weeds on it?

In Minnesota you can be ticketed if you are pulled over with weeds on your boat or trailer, or if you’re driving with your drain plug in.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Wait, maybe it wouldn’t mean much coming from another Ram owner…

Shhhhh. You hush down over there. chased

Charles

Its a pretty good fine if you get caught by DNR or Sheriffs

Deleted

How exactly is it that draining , cleaning , etc…. after boating on the Mississippi River, saves AIS from spreading when I never use a second body of water. I’d rather they tag my boat “for Mississippi River only” and not worry about it. Ironically , in ….WI they don’t have to pull their drain plugs at all.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Yes,
    It was a big green weedy curb feelet hanging off the front of the trailer and I would have title it moron but that was recently used. I pulled up alongside of him and was going to tell him about the weed but he looked at my truck and said nice Ram. I smiled and said have a good day.

B-man

How exactly is it that draining , cleaning , etc…. after boating on the Mississippi River, saves AIS from spreading when I never use a second body of water. I’d rather they tag my boat “for Mississippi River only” and not worry about it. Ironically , in ….WI they don’t have to pull their drain plugs at all.

It’s a feel good thing.

It makes people feel gooder.

dr.-j.
    Lake Wissota, WI

Thomas, your statement:in ….WI they don’t have to pull their drain plugs at all. is somewhat misleading. Wisconsin law requires that you “Drain all water from all boats, motors, trailers, boat equipment, and fishing equipment before you transport the boat, trailer, or equipment away from that body of water or its shore.” (The Handbook of Wisconsin Boating Laws and Responsibilities, page 21, paragraph 1b.) We are concerned about aquatic invasive species here in Wisconsin. In fact, in the previously mentioned Wisconsin Boating Handbook, it is further stated that: “When you leave a body of water that contains aquatic invasive species, you also should disinfect everything by:•Rinsing your vessel, propeller, trailer, and equipment with hot water (at least 104° Fahrenheit), or…•Air-drying your vessel and equipment for at least five days.

Deleted

Thomas, your statement:in ….WI they don’t have to pull their drain plugs at all. is somewhat misleading. Wisconsin law requires that you “Drain all water from all boats, motors, trailers, boat equipment, and fishing equipment before you transport the boat, trailer, or equipment away from that body of water or its shore.” (The Handbook of Wisconsin Boating Laws and Responsibilities, page 21, paragraph 1b.) We are concerned about aquatic invasive species here in Wisconsin. In fact, in the previously mentioned Wisconsin Boating Handbook, it is further stated that: “When you leave a body of water that contains aquatic invasive species, you also should disinfect everything by:•Rinsing your vessel, propeller, trailer, and equipment with hot water (at least 104° Fahrenheit), or…•Air-drying your vessel and equipment for at least five days.

I was going simply off my observation, never once seeing anyone with WI tags, pull their drain plugs at the WI ramps, on the Mississippi or at Lake Michigan and no DNR folks checking same, like we have in MN at the landings. The guy I fished with in WI says his boat doesn’t ever have any water in it “so why would I ever pull the drain plug?” ….. I agree with that logic.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

The guy I fished with in WI says his boat doesn’t ever have any water in it “so why would I ever pull the drain plug?” ….. I agree with that logic.

How would you know if you don’t pull the plug? ???

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

How would you know if you don’t pull the plug?

Have you ever tried hitting the gas with the transom full of water? I can tell when I have my live well full just by how my boat take off. This might not be the same with nicer rigs.

Chris R

My boat never has water in it in Wisconsin either…until I fished Saturday morning in that rain and about 40 gallons came rushing out when I pulled the plug! shock

And yes I said pulled the plug, because some of us here in WI actually try to follow the rules.

Some of the bigger launches, like Metro in GB have spray stations to hose the boat down after pulling out of the launch, which is REALLY nice to be able to do! With all the fees these launch sites charge you would think EVERY launch would be able to put in a spray station, since we know the money never gets put towards launch repairs roll

dr.-j.
    Lake Wissota, WI

I was going simply off my observation, never once seeing anyone with WI tags, pull their drain plugs at the WI ramps, on the Mississippi or at Lake Michigan and no DNR folks checking same, like we have in MN at the landings. The guy I fished with in WI says his boat doesn’t ever have any water in it “so why would I ever pull the drain plug?” ….. I agree with that logic.

Not wanting to start an argument here. I live on Lake Wissota in WI, but I also fish pool 4 whenever I get the chance. Every weekend this summer, we have had WIDNR and Lake Wissota Association volunteers at the boat launch inspecting boats and trailers as they are going in and out of the ramp area, reminding people to remove boat drain plugs and weeds from trailers prior to leaving. Further, at the various Pool-4/Lake Pepin Wisconsin side launches, it has been my observation that most people do pull their drain plugs and open livewell plugs in accordance with WIDNR regulations prohibiting the transfer of live fish in their boat. I have a Skeeter boat that doesn’t leak, but with all of the rain we have had this year while on the water, I can usually get some water out of my drain plug at the end of the day. I would strongly encourage your Wisconsin friend to merely follow the regulations and pull his drain plug when he leaves the water…just sayin’…

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

hah Yet no one saw he has a pontoon boat sitting on a Ranger Boats Custom Trailer? You can call me handy?? Where is a Red Green Gif when I need it!

-J.

dr.-j.
    Lake Wissota, WI

Yet no one saw he has a pontoon boat sitting on a Ranger Boats Custom Trailer?
    Maybe that’s because his pontoon is a Ranger Reata Pontoon?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.