Spring on the Missouri

• gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Our spring group is considering something different this year, and considering the Lake Oahe area. We fish Moridge in June and do really well, but wondering if this area would produce during the spring run. Are there better areas we should consider on this river?

jerry b
    western WI

Our favorite is West Whitlocks in mid April. Kinda gotta pay yer money, take yer chances on the weather tho- -jerr

jasonlem
    New Prague

I fish Lake Francis Case twice a year, earliest was end of February, all the way to end of April. Really good fishing. Earlier for bigger ones. I’d like to try the mid summer bite trolling the tree tops

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

I don’t know how hooked on the mob ridge area you are. The big bend dam as well as chamberlain are great spots march and April. You can also give tom down at platte creek lodge a call great resource for the chamberlain area. -QB

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Have the limits been cut on the entire system? Seems to be 4 and 8 now. I’m not opposed to fishing other sections, just more farmiliar with mobridge. How about the Pierre Dam? Seems like a logical spot, no?

chomps
    Sioux City IA

limits are back to where they were, 4 only one over 20″ Havetalked with some buddies in Mobridge and they get a good spring bite, not till late May early June. I would love to get there for some open water action.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.