Scatter Rap Sale – $5.99

• Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Was up to Swanson’s in Hackensack this weekend on the way through to go fishing, and saw some nice colors on-sale! $5.99 if you’re up in that direction soon.

Joel

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I love that place!

-J.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I love that place!

-J.

And they put out a pretty good fishing report for the area as well.

From >> http://www.swansonsbait.com/pages/Weekly-Fishing-Report.html

Fishing Report – July 14th

Some very nice weights were registered at the two Leech Lake tournaments this weekend. Redtails on jigs/rigs were one of the more successful methods over the weekend, but slip bobbers and Jigging Raps produced a lot of fish as well! The colder conditions kept the Pros hopping, but they did well; Walker Bay was the heaviest fished by far.

Ten Mile, Woman, Baby and Webb continue to give up walleye on crawlers and leeches. 14′-18′ feet of water has been the best, but deeper fish are biting also. Get on the north facing structure with these strong and steady north winds; if you can find an edge to drift, even better.

Many of the bass have pulled out into deeper water now, and they’ve been hitting well on crankbaits and weighted plastic rigs. The cooler weather has certainly changed up the patterns, but good bass are still being found. The slop up shallow still holds fish, but we’re seeing less holding in tight. Rip a V spinner or buzz bait through to cover ground fast and let them work deeper of the emergent weed edge to pick up fish off the first weed line.

The crappie bite has been very good this week in the evenings on the standard crappie lakes and spots. Crappie minnow tipped jigs as usual produce as good as anything. Troll around with an electric motor over tall weeds to find the fish, and you can always cast over the weed beds as well.

We’re hearing more and more muskie reports coming from the area muskie lakes. The smaller lakes seem to be producing the best still, but Leech is getting better. Topwater reports are good, but it is hard to go wrong with a bucktail. Weeds seem to be holding the most active fish currently.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

We stopped into Swansons Bait also on Saturday night to get a current up to date fishing report about leech lake as well as picking up bait for the tourney. I really liked the store. A ton of fishing tackle, from live bait to top of the line fishing rods. They also carry cabin decorations as well, so if the FW is with she can look at cabin décor while you shop for tackle. The staff was also super friendly, willing to share what was working based on their recent outing vs. what other fishermen were reporting. Next time passing thru that area stop in!

iowa roger
    North central Iowa

Talking about the lakes in the Hackensack area, years ago we used to fish Lost and Kid Lakes. They were good pike and bass lakes.
    I have heard the weeds have kind of taken over those small lakes.Lizzard lake was another of the small ones that was deep and good, a bit hard to get into though.
    I hope to get back there someday. Age has taken a toll on my now at 78 years old however.
    Tight lines to all here

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.