saylorvile lake

• james
    Ankeny Iowa

Well got tired of Saylorvile and went to Lake Pippin for the weekend . This is how things went. Weather was great and fishing was not bad. There were three of us Terry (Walleyetracker) and Jack ( Browtine ) I think is his handle. We had a great time and got in on some fair fishing .Wish this could be Saylorvile but we all know that will never happen. Well back to the home lake Monday. Biggest was only 24 inches. Jim

nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

just gotta say WOW, nice stringer

james
    Ankeny Iowa

The pic above was for Sat. We only got 8 on Sun . All were about the same size. No pic of them here. Only fished till noon on Sun.Jim

nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

Looks like I need a boat, I sure don’t get them from shore

dm5000
    Des Moines, IA

Man! Awesome stringer James!!!! Its a shame it didnt come out of Saylorville. I had some work done on the boat but I should be back out fishing sometime soon. If you are headed out to the Ville or BC this week, give me a ring and perhaps we can get together and at least lie about all the fish we caught since the last time I saw ya….

Here is one of my stripers I caught on vacation…

Dave

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Nice striper Dave. He should have put up quite a fight. Where were you ? I go out to the lake just about everyday. I’m on the water around 6 to 6:30 am. Have to be off by 10:30 am. Does that work for you ? Whites are about the only thing hitting right now with a eye every once in awhile. Cherry Glen lower parking lot should be open in a few more days. You can just now start to see the ramp now. Hope it will be open by Sat. It is getting to be a very long walk using the high water ramp. huff and puff all the way up . Long walk up hill for an old guy. Sandpipperr is not very much better. see you out there soon. Jim

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

Catfish are biting a little this week. 1 flat 3 little channels this week. Baby shad are about 3″ long under the spillway. It’s time for the feeding frenzies to get going from what you’ve said in the past James.

dm5000
    Des Moines, IA

Thanks James! The striper is one of about a dozen that I caught around Martha’s Vineyard Island, Massachusetts. If I can get motivated, I will write the whole trip up and post it. It was a blast.
    Dave

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.