Little River at Leon

• james
    Ankeny Iowa

I know this is the Saylorville forum . I also know that a lot of people see this that is why I’m asking here. Does anyone have a report on Little River ? Can anyone tell me what the water temp is ? Is anything hitting there yet ? Would like to go there Sat. Any info would help. Dave the trip to Lake Norfork was a bummer. Guide only put us on one stripper in 4 hours. 5 lbs. Just about all we got was a 60 + mph boat ride after dark. My thoughts about the guide . Will never recomend him. Did here of one guy that got a 26lb stripper and fought it for 1 1/2 hours on 12lb line. That is what I wanted but no luck. $150.00 boat ride and darker than hell. O well we had fun . Talk later. Jim

dm5000
    Des Moines, IA

Oh man… what a bummer. Well, we are glad to have you back Jim!!! Its warm and the ice is out! You need to get the boat out. Sorry I cant join ya right now, but I look forward to hearing about it.
    Dave

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Jim,did your guide try his best to get you on fish?Did he explain things to you and why he was using these methods?Simply said sometimes the fish do not bite even for a guide or pro angler.I hope he did all of things for you.
    Ryan Hale

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Ryan He sat in the front of the boat and ran the trolling motor. Talked very little. He fished for about 1 1/2 hours and and never got a hit eather. Went to about three places and had the same luck. Just could not find active fish. All things said it was still a great trip. Hope the one comming up in May is better. Jim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.