Lake Trout Tackle??

• rangerski
    North Metro

Headed up to a remote shield lake to Target Lakers through the ice and was curious what others go to lures are?? I am bringing some tubes and slender spoons. Can hardly wait to hear the drag sing!

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

Headed up to a remote shield lake to Target Lakers through the ice and was curious what others go to lures are?? I am bringing some tubes and slender spoons. Can hardly wait to hear the drag sing!

I’d add a few blades and white 5″ Trigger X Paddletail grubs with BFT jigs… Good Luck!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Tinsel and hair jigs along with the tubes

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

Anything white, especially 4 inch tubes. Add the side of a cisco or herring and attach a treble hook to the meat. I’m headed up north sunday to fish lakers too, ill be getting my gear ready saturday. Ill post pics of some go to lures when i get a chance.

rangerski
    North Metro

Right on, appreciate the input. I like the blade idea for sure!

capleg1
    minnesota

I have very consistent results with a blue and silver rat’ln rap jigged on fireline. The fireline gives good feel and does not get so beat up when the trout roll. The rattle has borught fish in when other baits have not.

jmarksman
    Chequamegon Bay Apostle Islands, WI

I like to use beetles, fuzzy duzit mini mag’s, I also like buckshots on the bottom of a buzz bomb. White,silver, golds,pinks. I will post up some inside pic’s of my Apostle Laker tool box.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.