metro trout streams

• floydthegreat

any body know any good places to fish trout within an hour and a half of the twin cities. ive been dying to go trout fishing.

mnwalleyeangler

I guess but dont hold me to this but i have been told that there are quite a few trout in the vermillion river. i just heard this through the grapevine and i am not a trout fisherman. i dont know where they have been talking about but if you look at some maps online there are certain spots on it that are designated trout stretches!

mrwalleye
    MN

The DNR has some great map books of all the trout streams in the state, if you go to the State Fair stop by the DNR area and pick them up or try the state book store in St. Paul by the capital

floydthegreat

thanks ill pick up a map if i go to the state fair.

livetofishmn
    Mankato, Mn

The maps are online as well. Here is a link to the southern streams, shows all the regulations and other info too. Just click on a box and that map will come up with the PDF. Looks like you could get to a few streams in an hour and half.

Trout streams

floydthegreat

thanx looks like there are some nice streams on those maps ill give them a try

spindoctor

You can try Bell Creek, it is located by Welch (ski area). I haven’t checked it out yet this year, but I have done well on it in the past. The Vermillion river can be good. Hay creek by Red Wing has some great fishing but it get a lot of attention.
    Good Luck!

floydthegreat

ive looked at these streams on google maps and have only been able to find the city park in farmngton as an access point. is there better places to access these streams? thanks.

spindoctor

My apoligies for late return, all kinds of excuses but probably no good ones.
    I am not sure which stream you are looking at, but you can acess any stream at any public road.
    Sorry so late.

floydthegreat

yea i read the regulations and it said you just hadd to stay in the water.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.