Row the Boat 2023

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I just watched the final TD that Illinois scored to win he game on replay.

Guess it doesn’t really surprise me that much.

Iowa beat Northwestern with 16 seconds left on a late FG so they are back in the drivers seat for the Big Ten West.

Wisconsin lost to Indiana. Indiana had not previously won a game in Big Ten play yet this season.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Where did everybody go?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’ve been hunting all week lol. I just turned it on. End of the third, losing 35-20.

It’s very possible they may not even qualify for a bowl game. Gotta go 6-6 to make one.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

shock
    It will be interesting to hear Fleck’s spin on this one.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I gave up after last weeks collapse against Illinois. Decided not to watch anymore.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Sitting at 5-5, the Gophers are facing the reality that that will have to beat Wisconsin at home in 2 weeks to become bowl eligible. I think we can chalk up a loss at Ohio State next week.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Yes, a bowl game is such a lofty goal. coffee

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Iowa is going to win the west, lol. What a terrible conference, the west that is.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

At the present win rate P.J. will earn in excess of $1 million dollars per win this year. applause

MX1825

Sitting at 5-5, the Gophers are facing the reality that that will have to beat Wisconsin at home in 2 weeks to become bowl eligible. I think we can chalk up a loss at Ohio State next week.

Beating the Badgers shouldn’t be a problem. doah

mnfisherman18

Well, this season is officially a dumpster fire. Athan looks great at times and terrible at others. Nubin has been serviceable at RB, but not that explosive and a clear tier below Darius Taylor, who will likely transfer to a better program next year. The defense without their top 2 LB’s belongs on a D3 field, and I am starting to think Tyler Nubin is not the first round pick everyone says he is.

The only saving grace is they still have a chance at Wisconsin given how bad they have also played lately.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Beating the Badgers shouldn’t be a problem.

Haha. I wouldn’t bet on it. Purdue was 2-7 going into the game yesterday and posted a whopping 49 points.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Take a look at the second half numbers of the quarterback the last two games. Pressure is not his friend.

JoeMX1825
    MN

How to describe the PJ Fleck era imo….

Attachments:
    1. IMG_6443.gif

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Need a good Sunday morning laugh? Jimbo Fisher was fired at Texas A&M yesterday. Guess who’s name is linked in 2 articles in the Athletic today? Now granted, It shouldn’t be assumed that PJ himself didn’t leak his name for the job, but the funny thing is this dolt who wrote the articles actually was to lazy to do any research before hitting send.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

PJ’s style works for a few years. You get tired of it after awhile. He’s been successful. He’s probably ready to leave, too. With the Big 10 getting stronger with the PAC 12 teams moving in , I’m sure he is looking, too. Jimbo’s buy out is $77 million. Not too shabby. He always reminded me of Peter Dinkleage from Game of Thrones.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The opening line for the Gophers/Buckeyes game on Saturday in Columbus favors Ohio State by a whopping 28 points. hah

CaptainMusky

The opening line for the Gophers/Buckeyes game on Saturday in Columbus favors Ohio State by a whopping 28 points.

I’ll take the over.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Have not been following the Goph’s very closely this year, but what happened to their defense? Giving up 49 points to anyone is bad, but a 2-7 team?!? Yeesh.

CaptainMusky

Their D recently has been abysmal. They have a good secondary, but sheesh they cannot stop anyone recently.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Also, somewhat funny/ironic, that they could (and probably should) beat the Badgers. In almost any other context of Gopher football history, that would be a monumental occasion to beat them and the Hawkeyes in the same season. Something tells me that won’t carry as much weight this year. rotflol

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Well that didn’t take very long. The Buckeyes went down the field like a hot knife through butter on their first possession.

This is going to be ugly.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Wisconsin beat Nebraska in OT so they are 6-5 and will qualify for a bowl regardless. The Gophers, sitting at 5-6, must beat Wisconsin next Saturday to qualify for a bowl and retain Paul Bunyans axe.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

So what was the final yesterday, I haven’t looked yet.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Well, I guess the upside is PJ won’t be campaigning for a new contract. Although he will get his name mentioned for every job opening. The funniest one was Texas A&M.

Mango Tango

Gophs may not even need to win next week to make a toilet bowl. Currently only 68 out of 82 slots filled with 6+ win teams and there are 24 teams sitting at 5+ wins. Apparently after this the asterisk teams that eligible normally (James Madison) become eligible and then it goes in order of their Academic Progress Report scores which is topped by none other than PJ’s Gophers.

Then PJ can trumpet making another bowl game not to mention the invaluable extra couple weeks of practice and coaching that pushes this team over the edge to a title contender next year. Just think if Athan hadn’t had those extra couple weeks last year, we’d be looking at a QB that could only 40% of his passes instead of 50%!

AK Guy

Then PJ can trumpet making another bowl game not to mention the invaluable extra couple weeks of practice and coaching that pushes this team over the edge to a title contender next year. Just think if Athan hadn’t had those extra couple weeks last year, we’d be looking at a QB that could only 40% of his passes instead of 50%!

Sarcasm post of the week!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

That would be the final insult……lose at Wisconsin, get extended a bowl bid with a 5 win season and accept it! Show some dignity and decline the offer no matter the $3.00 it would cost the U.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That would be the final insult……lose at Wisconsin, get extended a bowl bid with a 5 win season and accept it! Show some dignity and decline the offer no matter the $3.00 it would cost the U.

I think the Badger game is in Mpls. Minor detail.

Agree on the 5-7 record and being bowl eligible. Pure trash.

Viewing 30 posts - 331 through 360 (of 484 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.