Anyone catfish around the old Ace of Diamonds?

• IceHogsFan
    Rockford IL

I haven’t fished there in a few years but was wondering if any of you do. I’ll probably hit here this year again. My dad & I fished around the three rivers area. I’d like to get my 3 year old son into the swing of things and thought this would be a good place to start. I’d have started him sooner but the wife won’t let me take him out on the ice.

northern illinois

hey its good to see someone fishing my neck of the woods. I havent fished the ave area for years since I got a nicer boat. ya see back in 1979 I had a big flat bottom boat w/ short shaft outboard. That area is very shallow. I use to motor down to that three river area, getting back to the ace was tough. The three river area has a nice hole that was a great place for walleye. good shore fishing area also. I dont do that much cause i love being in my Crestliner 1750 dc 75 Yamaha 4-stroke. Wouldnt even think of putting that in at the ace.

jags

Last year I fished off of the point by the old ace at lunch time. Never really came up with much, but by the amount of junk around ( ), somebody still uses it.

IceHogsFan
    Rockford IL

Fished there today. Trolled around where the Kish meets Kilbuck. 2 Smallies. That’s all. I must be damned. Talked to one guy fishing from shore & he said he caugt 2 rock bass & one smallie. Must be the cold front. I had some Doc’s with me but never even baited a worm. Maybe tomorrow…… Anyway, also tried my way up the Kish. Made it to mile marker 3/4 (when did they put those in?) & hit bottom. could have made it further if I wanted to but figured I better head back to the Ace & see what was up with my e-brake on my truck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.