It Wouldn’t Be Long Now

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Ice is starting to break up around the shore on the Rock River In Fort Atkinson WI. Did see a angler fishing from shore by Robert Street Bridge this morning.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

The Newville Bridges can be fish by boat. There were some boats out this weekend.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Ola, Bola….so Newville is open…may have to give that a try this year, with all the great reports from last season. I assume there’s a launch somewhere over that way, so you dont have to run across the Kosh??
    PS Get that skeg fixed yet??

lundmann23
    Franklin

jeff, so if i make the trip to newville i’m guaranteed fish and open water, right? come down to the lake this weekend, i’ll guarantee u a limit!!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

How have you been ED? good to hear from you. Yes there are launches in Newville so you wouldn’t have to shoot the lake. There are three launches in the area two you have to pay and one you don’t. I’m planning on fishing the Newville area this weekend or maybe WI river in Sauk with upnorthwalleye if I get a hold of him. have not yet fixed the skeg. Got to wait to it gets warm so he can paint it. I’ll still run it the way it is. I’ll keep you posted don’t get to excited yet.

Quote:

Ola, Bola….so Newville is open…may have to give that a try this year, with all the great reports from last season. I assume there’s a launch somewhere over that way, so you dont have to run across the Kosh??
    PS Get that skeg fixed yet??

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Mike I wish I could guarantee you will catch fish but I can’t. You must put in your time. Every year is different. Good luck on the big pond. It’s not my kind of fishing. I’ll stick to the Rock.

Quote:

jeff, so if i make the trip to newville i’m guaranteed fish and open water, right? come down to the lake this weekend, i’ll guarantee u a limit!!!

lundmann23
    Franklin

its not my favorite type of fishing either but it puts me out in the boat and most of the time i’m catching something. would much rather be catching walleyes. my brother only lives about 20 minutes from sauk. i’ve been trying to get him up there but hes hooked on the miss. they have been doing pretty good down there. was thinking of making the trip down there soon.

z-man and i might hook up for the lake on friday depending on work!! good luck at sauk if you go!!

lundmann23
    Franklin

z-man, looks like some pretty nasty weather for friday. probably need to reschedule.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I drove up & down aside the river in Fort this morning and she’s wide open! I had to look hard to find any ice chunks anywhere. I’m hoping to have my tub in the water off the Kmart launch on Sunday.

lundmann23
    Franklin

if thats true i will definately be there in the morning. jeff, what do you think? is the river dirty from the rain. any help please. i need to go fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mike

lundmann23
    Franklin

i can’t handle it anymore, i’ll be there in the morning. ice or no ice!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Databoy hit it right on the head, thanks for the report. We Fish called me at 6:30 AM this morning and said it’s open from 106 bridge all the way to the lake. I checked it out a 8:00 AM and everything was open but lots of ice floating out there and it hard to see. There was a bunch of ice on the other side of 106 bridge all jammed up waiting to bust lose. Just remember to watch out for lots of floating stuff out there to. Saturday and Sunday should be know problems if your careful. Good luck out there guys and be safe this weekend. I think I’ll wait until after the weekend to get out. Mike I’ll be looking for a report. Glow/green should work great this weekend. Don’t forget to try a ringworm.

lundmann23
    Franklin

thanks for the update jeff, i will give it a whirl. 2 questions, do you think the launch in fort is the best? and, do you know how the water clarity is? i will report asap, hopefully with some nice pictures of eyes.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

The launch downtown is the best because it has a dock. I hope your going up river then. If you go down river it gets rocky. I have hit lots of rock down river but the water was lower. You still have to know the channel or you might still hit one. K-mart the dock in all year there also but the launch sucks. You could tear a tire or wreak your axle if you don’t be careful. Water clarity don’t know but I’m sure it’s not good, but I never worry about water clarity when you have metallic jigs or glow jigs by Fin-tech.

PS. One tip,,, launch at Blackhawk Island pay the 4.00 bucks and fish where there stacked up,, the mouth.

lundmann23
    Franklin

i figured there would be more ice up by blackhawk so i thought i would fish down river towards the bark. maybe i will just explore everywhere tomorrow and see what its like. i know that stretch west of fort is a little tricky but i usually take it slow and i’m alright. i will probably lauch in fort so if i go up or down, i’m in the middle.

lundmann23
    Franklin

i got my glow jigs all tied up!!!!!!!!!

lundmann23
    Franklin

oh, why are u taking the weekend off, its always nice to shoot the sh!t with ya!!! usually some tips!!!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I don’t feel like fighting the crowds yet. If I was going out this weekend and had a full day I would start at Newville fishing the bridges then if it was slow I would come back to Fort and fish the mouth and if there was to much ice or junk floating I would head to 106 bridge. I might make it out Sunday morning for a few hours like 6:30 to 10:30 just to fine the fish.

lundmann23
    Franklin

i hope there aren’t to many guys out. wheres that bait shop in fort. i think you said ace or some gas station. taking the back roads and don’t know of any bait store other than in mukwanago. thanks for the fast responses!!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

The eastside Shell station on the southeast side of Fort on Hwy 12 also called Whitwater Ave I think should be open by 6:00 or earlier. Barth True Value arcoss from KFC on Madison Ave on the north side of Fort and only two blocks north of the downtown launch will be open at 8:00 I think or for sure by 9:00.

lundmann23
    Franklin

i’m leaving right now. will report later today.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.