electronics

• Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Im looking at moving the current 510c to the bow of the boat,and getting a new gps/locator for the dash.question i have,is have any of you guys here used the new lowrance hds units? good/bad? or the s.i. add on for them. id like to stay with lowrance so i can link the 2. tho going with a humminbird isnt out of the question. like to have some feed back from guys that fish same area.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I love my Humminbird 798cisi. Now that I used it a year I found I use the sonar over 90% of the time, the gps over half the time on the water and the side imaging well less than 20% of the time. I’d highly recommend the 798 for it’s screen size/price but you can definitely do without the side imaging. I think you can get the gps without the side imaging and save a couple hundred bucks. They only use Navionics but most systems now do. Lakemaster doesn’t work.

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Thanks Data,ive been looking over my options.i was poking around on a few diff sites,and sounds like they are having some probs with the hds system.also found that lakemaster has a new chip made for humminbird,and wisc is now available.that may just tip the scales towards a bird now

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

The Humminbird 788ci is like mine without the side imaging, you’ll love the 640×640 display compared to most units and this one has the internal gps.

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

I have a 787c on my boat and really like it. Mine is the older version of the 788 so it has only one sd slot where I think the 788 has two… one for a mapping chip and one to store to.
    It’s been a bullet proof unit working down into the single digits (it’s on my duck boat), been covered in road salt and mud, just rinse off and good to go. The color display is nice and bright too.
    Only thing I would do different is I would get the internal GPS antenna instead of the external one, mine got smashed last fall (don’t think they were designed for full contact in single digit temps )
    Overall very happy with my unit and if you don’t need SI it’s prolly one of the best out there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.