2012 September Fishing Reports and Pictures

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

With these warmer temps the next few days just might make you work a little harder to find a walleye. It only gets better anglers.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

This picture is what you can look forward to the next few weeks if you put your time in and pattern the fish.

bigpike

Jeff do you fish Koshkonong? First ever big time ice fishing catch for walleye back in the 80’s. Dating myself a bit but whatever. We set up south of the Rock about a 1/2 mile out maybe a bit to the west. As soon as we put in our last tip up the first was going off. Next three hours were a blast!

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Nice fish, Jeff. Maybe will see you at that spot this weekend.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

I know that spot.

Now finding time to fish is another story.

Derek

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Quote:

Jeff do you fish Koshkonong? First

YES – Kosh is a golden pond for me, walleyes, pike and pan fish is awesome, other angler think it’s the dead sea. Ice fishing not my cup of tea, if I had a four wheeler I would ice fish it. Throw back some for seed this winter – peace

Ed and Eric you guys crack me up get you honey to do list done because mid Sept and Oct going to be a good one baby. Got some new plastic to try and lite jigs

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

few nice crappies yeaterday, no walleyes, still searching, try again today.

hard-water
    Milwaukee, WI

If any of you gentlemen get out on the river, I’d appreciate it if you could post the water temperature. Thank you and good luck.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I heard it was around 57 Friday – what does that mean to you anglers, lets talk?

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Here’s my biggest walleye for Sept so far which was released to be caught another day. Sept hasn’t produced like I thought it would.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Hope to burn a couple vacation 1/2 days to get out next week. 57 degrees huh. With this cooler temps and more rain hopefully will get the fish interested.

Derek

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Despite the reports of a tough to non-existant walleye bite, couldn’t resist the urge to get back on the Rock to kick off my fall fishing. The rainy morning and high winds on Saturday must have kept most anglers at home, because when I got to the bypass launch at noon or so, there were no other trailers. Only saw one other boat all afternoon. Pretty much concentrated my time on three areas up from the bypass, somewhat sheltered from the wind,and worked them hard. Nothing at the VFW and Fox squirrel lane, a bunch of white bass at the stinkpipe, and some nice crappie closer to the by-pass. So decided to anchor and bobber fish in the crappie hole, and took home 5 from 10 to 12 inches for a fish fry. Not a walleye boated today, but still a great afternoon to be out, and looking forward to several more before the snow starts to fly.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Just about the same on Sunday, happen to get out by 2:30 and fished to 6 with only a few crappies. Talk to a few anglers and only white bass no walleyes. 58 to 60 water temps.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Heard a report from a buddy that was out a couple days ago. A few white bass, three crappie, a cat, no walleye. He did see several shorts caught and a rumor of a 20 incher caught. Worked the usual spots.

Derek

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

thanks for the update

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Out today from 7 to 1 for dragging lines on Kosh with one hit to fish for Crappie in the river. 56-58 degrees on the lake and river. Targeted crappies as I wanted to learn how to fish for them on the river. Caught three with Larry. Talked to guys and a couple of boats had a couple legals.

The white bass were on a tear. Could not keep them off so decided to cast anything at them. For fun put a curly tail on a aberdeen hook under a cork and they just nailed it. Minnows, Zip lures, jig and minnow, anything it did not matter. It was fun. Also nice size to them this fall. Probably caught and released 50.

Now need to get back to walleye fishing. My son now likes Friday fish fry we do at home and the demanding little man likes walleye. Now how did that happen.

Derek

Nice day to be out.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thank for the report Eric. I heard the walleye bite is pretty tough right now, hopefully the wate temps will drop soon into the low 50’s then I would say something would happen. With temps in the high 70’s next week it might be a late Oct bite like last year.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Fished yesterday from the by-pass and up from about 2 till 6:30. Ran into Wefish and another river rat buddy, and got the phone report from Diesel, so it was good catching up with the buds. Now for the fishing….white bass up the gazoo, but fun. managed a 16 incher that hit a minnow on hook and split shot in 6 fow, and an 18.5 incher that fell for a 1/8 oz jig/leech combo, in 13 fow. Very light bites, but couldn’t get a 2nd fish in either location, so on I went. With no wind, and slow current, it made it easy working areas hard and slow, but didn’t put any more eyes in the boat.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks for the reports IDO Rock River gang – WeFish and I will fish hard today from 10:30 to 4:30 to find the sneaking walleye. Got a few crappies yesterday but nothing worth cleaning. Fishy fishy here we come.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Pretty slow yesterday at Blackhawk too. Smokercraft Jerry from league had a keeper and I got a 17″ and a crappie. Switched off between drifting couldn’t get more than one in each spot neither. Decided to stay home today since it looked like much the same. I’m getting old and don’t want to work that hard for fish. Plus I got bb dents in my vehicle from duck hunters yesterday and don’t want to lose an eye next.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.