zumbro river smallmouth….

• Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

first of all……does anybody else on here fish for smallies on the zum??? or is it just me???

and second of all…….if ya do fish for em, what would be your lure of choice to entice them festy devils into hittin???

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

hmmmmmmmmm……..guess i don’t have to worry about company out there, ehh …….fine by me

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

BINGO!!! You have a response. My best method of catching Smallies on the Zumbro is a bare hook and crawler with a split shot about 18” above it. Am going to try ringworms this year too. For large mouth I like shad raps. Whats your favorite way Jake? Thanks, Bill

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

well thanks bill……that makes me feel better .

i suppose that live bait stuff can work just as well as anything…..but for me, when we’re talking about “the river”, it’s either a 3″ white grub……or a wide bodied craw colored crank of some kind (fat rap’s, boomer’s, ect.)

i’ve never caught a whole lot of largies in the river, but with your expertise maybe you can show me the secret spots some time

brad_gravenhof
    Rochester MN

Hey Jake , Gotta be a Carolina rigged Brush Hog for me !
    Chuck it up to shore with a slow drag back.
    Give me a call when the ice is out , always lookin
    for some company on the water!
    Later Brad

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

i had a couple bass guys tell me once that them walleyes like brush hogs too ……ever heard of such crazyness

we’ll definatly have to head out there this summer…….i’m always lookin for company too .

see ya at the seminar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.