questions about boat size and lake zumbro…

• BenPurvis1

i was wondering if you guys wo fish the zumbro know if the lake has violent waves or if it is able to be fished with a 12 foot aluminum boat?? if not how much would it cost to trade in a 12 footer for a 14 footer somewere?? and how much would a little 2.5 horse outboard cost?? last summer i picked up a 12 foot boat for free and only bought a trolling motor for fishing in chester woods. good little boat but i think i want to start to venture out into a little bit bigger waters this summer.

willowcat
    Lake City, MN

Keep checking around the deals are out there. I got a great deal during duck season, I sold my 12’er a week before season. Then while duck hunting I just watched for sale sighns on the hunters boats as they came to the landing. There were quite a few actually,and the wait at the ramp gave me a chance to talk with the owners. I wont say what I payed but It was a 14’boat,30hp moter and trailer for under $400. The deals are out there you just need to look for them. With the waterskiers and pleasure crafts on the Zum, you probably will want a larger boat.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Years ago my son Nate and a friend and I fished Lake Zumbro for years in an old 14 ft. boat with a Johnson 6 hp. motor. It worked great. Wasn’t fast but we didn’t want to go fast, we wanted to fish. Moved along pretty good though. Keep your eyes open and you will come across some good deals. Check Smitty’s Marine in Lake City, check the Rochester shopper, newspaper, etc. You will find something. The first year I had the 14 ft. boat and didn’t get a motor til the next year as I couldn’t afford it. Bought one piece at a time I guess you could say. Kept trading up and now finally have a bigger boat but it took me 4 boats to get there. And you know Ben, that first 14 ft boat sure caught alot of fish if not more than my bigger boat does. They are all fun and do what you need them to do-get you to the fish. Thanks, Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.