zumbro smallies

• predator2 jr
    rochester,mn

i got a couple free hours mid mourn tomorrow any one wanna go hit the zumbro here in town and look for some smallies or anyone have some info as to areas if ya do or wanna go shoot me a pm

Faribault
    Faribault, MN

Didn’t know the Zumbro had Smallies. What can you tell me about the lake?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Lake Zumbro is a dammed up wider deeper part of the Zumbro River. The lake is above the dam. There are both smallmouth and largemouth in the lake. The Zumbro River has smallmouth both above and below the lake also. The stretch of river down below the dam is restricted to catch and release only for the purpose of growing larger size smallmouth which will/does improve the fishing in that area. Every Tuesday night there is a bass tournament on the lake which is a good way to learn more about bass fishing in the lake.

Thanks, Bill

Article On Lake Zumbro

smokinDave
    Rochester, MN

Boy, I would like to go, but I have to work. I have been trying right below the Silver lake dam about 100 yards…….with limited success….. a couple bass there a few weeks ago, but it is shallow. Lots of carp and suckers in there though….watched a guy fly-fishing catch a few of those, as well as some small bass.

Where do you usually go, I have wanted to try farther up by west river parkway?

Dave

predator2 jr
    rochester,mn

i went out out on saturday for an hour with limited succes i had 4 bites and 3 hook ups of witch one was a dandy but i just couldn’t land them i was fishing in deeper faster moving water pitching jigs with plastics i think i am gonna have to do some more investigating into this it could be a fun after work thing

lew
    Kasson, MN

It’s been a couple of years now, but I put in my canoe just behind the rec center and motored (yes I use a trolling motor) up stream to the rocks below the Silver Lake Dam. I also had a depth finder with me. The deepest hole I could find was about 5 feet deep and maybe 5 feet across. Tossing twister tails and tube baits I caught crappie, smallmouth and even a small northern. I would suspect that you would find more of the same as you head down stream to 37th Street. Let us know what you find out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.