HOF Pewee Lures

• tyler_holm
    Rochester, MN

I stopped into Hooked on Fishing this past Friday evening to grab some new gear to master the Zumbro River. Mike hooked me up with some great equiptment including a couple different colors of Pewees (dark purple & mustard yellow)

I started out fishing a lime green & chartruese jig with a power bait twister tail and caugth about 10 – 15 fish including smallmouth, sauger, & skipjacks (mooneyes). Next I tried the the purple pewee and it proved to be a successfuly attraction to many species of fish. I caught quite a few smallies, 1 sauger, 1 sheephead, & 1 skipjack. Up to this point, all fish had been pretty small. We tried the faithful hook and worm and caught a few small skipjacks and sheephead. In an effort to increase fish size, we tried throwing #9 – #13 rapallas and did catch some fish; however, nothing to consider putting over top the fireplace.

All in all, we had a fun, successful day. We didn’t catch anything real big, but had enough action to keep the trip interesting.

I will post some pictures in a few days.

hof
    Rochester, MN

Hey Tyler,

Thanks for the report! Sounds like a good day!

Good Fishing,
    Mike

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the report Tyler and welcome. Please feel free to share and post all you want.
    Thanks, Bill

ps. Mike, any chance of posting a pic of those lures you have for sale?

tyler_holm
    Rochester, MN

Some pics to enjoy… Notice the PeWee Lures

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks Tyler for the pics.
    Thanks, Bill

lew
    Kasson, MN

Today I got out to do some wading and decided to give the Pee Wee lure a try. It was a good choice. I fished both the lime green & strawberry/chartruese colored Pee Wees. To get these light lures down in the moving water I used a 3.0 split shot about 14 to 16 inches ahead of the Pee Wee. The smallies were spread out today so it took a little while to find them, but every time I tested a pocket with the Pee Wee I would get a hit. And the smallies were agressive, always getting caught on the front hook. Since I practice catch and release I do pinch the barbs on the Pee Wees. I’ll be fishing up on Mazaska in a couple of weeks and I’ll see if I can’t atract some bass and pan fish in the weeds with the Pee Wee.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the report/product review. Look forward to hearing how you do on Mazaska.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.