Zumbro Large mouth!

• pittmd

Yesterday I was slow getting on the water. started about 10:00AM and tried for a few crappies. The compitition was pretty hot for crappie hideouts so I decided that I would troll a bit and see what I could stir up. I put on a firetigger, rattling, suspended shadrap and was dragging it along the drop off at about 10-12 FOW. I had not gone more than 50 yards when I snagged a log. I put the boat in nutral and noticed that the log that I had snagged was racing towards the shore line!! Fish-On! I was able to bring the fish to the boat pretty fast as I had 12lb line on my chronarch/st.croix bait casting rig. I got the fish in the net and could not believe the size of it. I don’t know much about bass fishing or what counts as a trophy fish but this was by far the biggest bass that I have ever caught.
    22″ long and 6.5lbs I didn’t have a camera in the boat so I went back to the dock to see if it was in the truck. No luck! I had to decide on keeping the fish for a picture/mount or letting it go. After showing as many people as I could I let it swim away.

Any one have an idea of what the biggest largemouth caught out of Zumbro is?

I just bought a camera that will remain in my boat. Not letting that happen again.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I know for a fact there has been a couple over 7 caught out there. There mounted at S&M Marine in Oronoco. Nick Bowlus caught them. That lake has lots of big ones, you just have to know where to look for them. Good job.

hof
    Rochester, MN

Hey MDP,

Nice fish! A true trophy for the north!
    I have heard of some fish over 7 lbs. from Zumbro, but not many.

Good Fishing,
    Mike

pittmd

Thanks, It was a trophy for me without a doubt. I just prefer to keep my trophys in picture form if the fish will live. Had it been 8lbs who know what I would have done….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.