Any Stream Reports? Where are the smallies?

• lew
    Kasson, MN

I hope to get out tomorrow and wade for some smallie action. My current plan is to hit the Root River. Does anyone have any current reports on stream conditions and what those bronzebacks are hitting on? Information on the Zumbro River would also be appreciated if it’s available.

lew
    Kasson, MN

No Smallies for me today. I went down to Fugal’s Mill and found the current to be faster than I would consider to be safe. Made a few casts near the bridge, but there was nothing going on. Decided to pull up stakes and tried a new spot for me. Went to Bear Creak Park in Rochester and walk about a 1/4 mile to the Hsy 14 bridge. Nothing going on there either. Water was still pretty dirty and a fairly quick current. Not the strength or depth I saw on the Root River, but I saw nothing to get me excited about catching fish there. I’ll just have to wait until the waters drop just a bit more.

I ended the day by making a stop at HOF to pick up new line on my ultralite rig and then drove out to see how Lake Zumbro looked. From Fisherman’s Inn I could see that there was still quite a bit of junk floating out there.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.