Ridiculous ? Maybe Re: Bow Mount

• Weekender
    Southcentral MN

Been thinking about getting a new Terrova to replace my older one (next year). Do boat dealers take trade-ins on bow mount trolling motors? Or am I looking at just buying new outright?

Ripjiggen

Not really but plenty of places on Facebook to sell the old.

I wouldn’t buy from a boat dealer either.

MX1825

Dealer in Iowa Falls took my trade a couple years ago when upgraded my Terrova.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I have an older Terrova that was starting to give me problems and the accuracy of spot lock wasn’t the same either. Turns out it is old enough (I think 10 years old) that Minkota stopped offering parts.
    Good thing…. For those like me that were unhappy that they didn’t offer an upgrade to the new blue tooth much better system, the service dealer I work with in Wisconsin put together their own upgrade…. Replaces controller, head and base electronics with all the new totally up to date stuff. The $800 or so felt like a great option vs buying new. Just installed it all and off to calibrate it on the water this weekend.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Another thing a dealer might be able to do for you. The dealer may have boats where a certain brand of bow mount is already installed. Sometimes from the factory, some for boat shows or on the showroom floor. Then a buyer wants the boat but not the bow mount. The dealer will have an un-boxed brand new motor with warranty available for sale. Typically at a decent discount over new. You can call your dealer and let them know you are interested in these deals when/if they become available.

-J.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Another thing a dealer might be able to do for you. The dealer may have boats where a certain brand of bow mount is already installed. Sometimes from the factory, some for boat shows or on the showroom floor. Then a buyer wants the boat but not the bow mount. The dealer will have an un-boxed brand new motor with warranty available for sale. Typically at a decent discount over new. You can call your dealer and let them know you are interested in these deals when/if they become available.

-J.

This is a good option call around to dealers, I happen to know someone who just got a deal like that on a Terrova from Rapid Marine.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

There’s a dealer near me that is selling all their TMs at pretty good closeout prices.

I don’t think they trade in, most of their used tolling motors are from boats trade ins when the new buyer updates the electronics/TMs.

In-Tune Marine is the dealer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.