Retirement

• stout93
    Becker MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Eelpoutguy wrote:</div>
    Maybe get a CDL is my thought.

I was thinking of doing that for a side gig, sounds like you can name your price and routes here pretty soon! I’m just not sure how to add a few hours to my day as it is tho…

Anybody drive a school bus or thought about doing it at retirement?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Last thing in the world I would do is be trapped in a bus with a bunch of 2020’s kids.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Last thing in the world I would do is be trapped in a bus with a bunch of 2020’s kids.

X1000

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’m not trying to argue with you guys, because I suppose there are a lot of busses rolling around big cities too. I just remember riding the bus for up to an hour one way sometimes as a kid, and in that specific setting, driving around the countryside picking up farm kids doesn’t sound so bad.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

There is a severe shortage of drivers. A middle school about 3 blocks from me has a large sign up stating that a starting wage is over $25/hour, no evenings, no weekends, no holidays, the entire summer off, and a $5k signing bonus.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

But the whole point of being retired is to not have to be tied down to a set schedule. Amongst other things school bus drivers a tied down. Seems they gotta go to work twice a day. Not for this guy

stout93
    Becker MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>stout93 wrote:</div>

There is a severe shortage of drivers. A middle school about 3 blocks from me has a large sign up stating that a starting wage is over $25/hour, no evenings, no weekends, no holidays, the entire summer off, and a $5k signing bonus.

I should have mentioned in the original post, the only reason I would consider driving school bus is to get the health insurance, if they offer it which I assume they do.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I resemble that remark! almost 62 now and counting the days down

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

rotflol ^^

Deuces

Know a couple “retired” trim carpenters, they do couple cash jobs a month to supplement. Definitely my route I’ll be taking until my body can’t do it no more. Enjoy doing work w my hands, don’t see myself quitting cold turkey after a lifetime of it. Plus extra $3-4k in your pocket a month is a whole lotta beer and minnow money

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Dutch,
    I believe this could be your calling. Those young brains are like a stick of clay that need shaping.
    Nobody better than you to set them straight.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’m like your old man, I’ll explain it once then I’ll show ya whats what. No, me and kids these days wouldn’t mesh well. My step daughter tells me tales of what ELEMENTARY kids say to their teachers. Nope, don’t think they would want in the bus or room if those words were uttered to a adult.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

But the whole point of being retired is to not have to be tied down to a set schedule. Amongst other things school bus drivers a tied down. Seems they gotta go to work twice a day. Not for this guy

I hear ya. I’m many years from it but I don’t see myself doing that either.

buck-slayer

My senior year in high school a kid lifts the arm for the emergency door in the back of bus and an alarm goes off. Bus driver pulls the bus over comes to the back of bus grabs the kid by back of collar walks him off the bus closes door and drives off. Still can play the whole scene in my mind. Guessing there would be consequences and repercussions if that happened today.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

My senior year in high school a kid lifts the arm for the emergency door in the back of bus and an alarm goes off. Bus driver pulls the bus over comes to the back of bus grabs the kid by back of collar walks him off the bus closes door and drives off. Still can play the whole scene in my mind. Guessing there would be consequences and repercussions if that happened today.

Did you walk home or to school?

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

[/quote]

Now that’s funny!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buck-slayer wrote:</div>

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Viewing 17 posts - 31 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.