Restore Defaults on Updates

• fishingchallenged

Is there any way to avoid losing all my settings every time I update software? I’m losing interest in doing software updates as it takes too long to set up the graph every time. Seems like Humminbird should be smart enough to avoid this.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

You can update with out restoring defaults but there is a risk involved I have done it in the past. I am not sure but to reset up my 2 Helix 12`s maybe takes me 5-6 minutes tops after updates.

Ron
    Victoria, mn

I’m also annoyed by this, but I wouldn’t risk doing updates without restoring defaults. But to make it easier, I took photos of all my menu settings (Sonar, Navigation, Chart, etc.). Then I made a spreadsheet out of that so I can print it out and reset everything after updating. The next thing I’m going to do is highlight all the default settings which differ from mine, so I can quickly recover mine after an update.
    To further complicate matters, I now have a trolling motor and its remote control, linked to my sonar, that have software updates. The trolling motor company is in Mankato, MN and the sonar company is in Eufala, AL. Neither seems to be a hotbed of IT excellence. smirk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.