Residential asphalt guys?

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Any residential asphalt guys out there? I gotta friend that needs a driveway in Lakeville.

tswoboda

Any residential asphalt guys out there? I gotta friend that needs a driveway in Lakeville.

Doubt you’ll find any on here. Not many asphalt guys can read.

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

I’m not myself but I have a couple of good customers that buy their equipment from me. Two separate companies but they are brothers. You may end up speaking with their wives who are sisters grin Tell them Scott from Lano Equipment sent you. Good to support a smaller business too.

A OK Asphalt
    Bill or Rachal
    (651) 301-9493

MN Roads and Parking Lots
    Patience / Richard
    (320) 492-9543

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I seen a episode of trailer park Boys and they paved their drive way with some of Canada’s finest hash.
    Maybe recommend that jester

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i need to replace my driveway too…….. but i’m afraid of the sticker shock!!!!

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Anybody know the going rate on an average driveway with minimal prep?

onestout
    Hudson, WI

i need to replace my driveway too…….. but i’m afraid of the sticker shock!!!!

Same here, I am putting the big projects on hold for a couple years in hopes prices come back down.

Brittman

The price we paid last summer was better that the quote pulled years before.

Get at least 3 bids … the pricing varied by almost 2X.

Get a few neighbors to bid together. Can save % & $$ by having more projects on the same block or two.

Ask to see their work (current and maybe a project that is several years old).

We had 5 driveways done at about the same time by a company that I had seen their signs around for 5+ years in our area. Multi-generational family owned business (40+ years). They seem busy this summer too…

glenn57
    cold spring mn

my thought process was to ask the city if they have any street work to be done, then ask the outfit doing it? but i kinda spent a wad of money already this year!!!! bawling doah

Brittman

I will add that it is some of the best money we have spent on our home in a long time.

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

We do Aspahlt and concrete tear out and prep typically 3-4 driveways a week. I own a excavation company. We hire out the replacement driveway. (We specialize in gravel work) right now concrete is around $5-6/sq for for 4” thick with rebar. Aspahlt is going for $3-$3.75/sq ft that’s a 3” pour and compacted to 2.5” we typically charge $1/sq ft for tear out and disposal. That should give you some numbers to compare with when you get quotes.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

We do Aspahlt and concrete tear out and prep typically 3-4 driveways a week. I own a excavation company. We hire out the replacement driveway. (We specialize in gravel work) right now concrete is around $5-6/sq for for 4” thick with rebar. Aspahlt is going for $3-$3.75/sq ft that’s a 3” pour and compacted to 2.5” we typically charge $1/sq ft for tear out and disposal. That should give you some numbers to compare with when you get quotes.

As of recently I’ve seen asphalt prices that are higher than concrete prices. We’re the general contractor for a hospital in Eastern ND and we bid it about a month and a half ago.

I about fell out of my chair when we got the quotes for 120k SF of asphalt. I called the concrete company I used to be a project manager for and got a quote from them and it was 80k cheaper…

Lots of uncertainty in the asphalt material prices they said.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.