Reminder from the Goodhue County Sheriff

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

From the Goodhue County Sheriff’s Office…

I stopped and talked to a deputy I know a while back. He was parked on the side of a road. I thought it was an odd place to have his radar set up. When I inquired, I found he was watching a residence of a person that passed away while the family was at the funeral.

All I could say was…”you’re kidding me!”.

We at the Goodhue County Sheriff’s Office want to remind you to be mindful when posting information about a loved one who passed away in the local papers. BURGLARS DO READ THE PAPER…

A few tips to prevent you or your loved ones from becoming a victim of burglary or theft:
    (1) Make SURE all of the doors to your residence and garages are locked and secure – also vehicles
    (2) Posting information in the paper about a loved ones passing may be how things were done in the past but remember that with the internet and other means of searching for personal information, it is as easy as ever
    (3) If a loved one has passed, make sure their residence or apartment has an individual who checks on it regularly and knows if things appear out of the ordinary

If you have questions about the potential security of a residence, please feel free to contact the Goodhue County Sheriff’s Office at 651-385-3155

Palerider77

That is a good heads up, too bad the decline of decency is so severe.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Today’s Rochester paper has an article about a couple dinks ripping off people of delivered packages in Stewartville lately. We need a bounty on these dinks.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Like the guys that follow a UPS or FedX vehicle from a distance… looking for packages left on doorsteps…. knowing the door bell gets rung. Wait a bit, and if no one comes to get the package… it is their’s for the taking. Everyone is usually anxious to get a package, so it is a clear sign the house may be empty as well.

And yes, it sucks.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Washington County in MN has released a warning.

Someone are claiming to be deputies, calling folks and telling them they have unpaid tickets. If they don’t pay by credit card over the phone a warrant will be issued. I think it goes without saying…hang up and call the police if you get a call like this.

Now most of us would know better, but since these types of calls are still going on someone must be falling for it to make it worth their while.

A co worker just today was saying he received an automated call from the IRS. He was to call a number to pay his over due taxes.

doah

joe moenck

Had that happen in our family. Not once but twice! Makes me sick, first time they got away with it. Second time, not so much!

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

40+/- years ago, I watched the homes for relatives when my cousins were getting married for my uncles & aunts. This was in Southern MN, they had the problem then of people watching wedding announcements and then watching the farm until everyone left. Thieves would ransack the home and sometimes steal livestock (Cattle and Pigs).

I’d do the chores and other duties making it known someone was home. Kept a loaded double barrel shotgun ready. Luckily, I never had to use it.

Yes, I missed out on the festivities, but got a nice cash gift for my time.

Currently, it’s like the people posting notices all over Facebook when they’re going on vacation. Like an open invitation to thieves and the low life scum that live in dark places with hearts overcome by darkness! Currently have a friend from in Cancun doing just that. She posted a notice about when they left, and now daily photo’s of their fun in the sun, Just plain stupid!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Talk about timing….

I got a call this morning saying that there was a problem in a transaction I made using my computer and that they [whoever the he// they is] needed a full list of all credit cards used in such transactions. Ya right. The person speaking was a Mexican sounding bag who’s English was worse than a new-born’s babbling. The gist of the call was that if I did not comply the computer would be locked until I did comply. Apparently not, eh.

I hung up. Only a short time later another call from the same caller I’d came and this time I answered the phone like this….”Hello. You have reached the offices of the FBI….” Click.

I wrote the number down and forwarded it to the local cop shop. Damn I hate these dinks.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Dam tom your a hard arse LOL!!;

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.