Reels

• henry loew

What spinning reels do you guys use for open water?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Im just looking at a couple stradic ci4+ reels. Sure wish i could of made the sports show last weekend to wheel and deal on them.

404 ERROR
    MN

Pflueger President 30 series and Shimano Sedona 2500. Glens army has President 6930’s in pink on sale for $33. I purchased 2 last week and just purchased 2 more this morning. Can’t beat the price, I’ll get over the color…Plus, no one will want to steel my reels!

Kyhl
    Savage

I’ve added three Pflueger Supreme 30s to my arsenal over the last year or so. Happy with them for walleye and bass.

I have a larger Mitchel that I like for pike. Can’t remember the number though. Had it for about five seasons now. Only reason I have it is I won it in a fund raiser auction. Truth is, I would have bid on whatever make was available. D

Used to use a lot of Shimanos prior to switching over to Pflueger.

In anything, I’ve seen much better performance from front drag units. I have avoided rear drag reels for years. The front drags seem to work smoother. Then again, I haven’t bothered to pick up a rear drag reel in 10 years so maybe they have improved.

You really need line on them to test the drag. At least I do. The rear drag units used to stick on the first tug then would become lighter. In anything, look for something with a smooth drag that requires equal force as line goes out.

Timmy

Been using pflueger presidents for many yrs with no issues at all. In the last few yrs, I have bought a couple of pflueger arbors. I really like the larger spool. IMO, pflueger offers the best bang for the buck in spinning reels.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

I use nothing but Shimano Stradics. FK’s, Ci4+2014 and 2016 models, MGfB’s. I usually buy a few a year, so I have most of the models they have ever made. Never have let me down yet.

ski junkie
    Grantsburg, Wisc

Shimano Stradics

mr-special
    MPLS

Been using pflueger presidents for many yrs with no issues at all. In the last few yrs, I have bought a couple of pflueger arbors. I really like the larger spool. IMO, pflueger offers the best bang for the buck in spinning reels.

+1
    U get 2 spools and one comes braid ready.
    Depending on what type of fishing I’m doing usually one is paired with 10suffix and the other 6 mono

huskerdu

???? Pfluguer , I have had reel good luck, priced right , must have 8-10

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.